C4 Forums | Control4

Now that 2.0 is coming what APP do you want!!

Go back to hocking your lamps on eBay :P

You're just jealous because you can't sell your media controllers for $949' date=' your 10.5 inch in walls for $2,695, etc....

:D :D :lol:[/quote']

You just bought one and didn't even know it :cool:

So you're the guy responsible for all those crazy charges on my American Express huh...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ryan also wrote the CGI app but that is now nowhere to be found. Is it being suppressed? If so by whom and why? If not then why can't you find it with a simple Google search on C4 and CGI?

Because I don't support it anymore, and I don't intend on compiling it for future controllers and architectures, because it's a that it's not part of Control4's automatic build process. It's not been suppressed, etc., I'm just lazy.

If you really want to install it, PM me with your email, I'll send it to you. It only works on the HC300/HC500 currently, it's not compiled for (and won't be compiled for) the HC1000.

I am implying that those closest to head office are under more of a leash in terms of how creative that they are allowed to be and the C4 offices that are thousands of miles from home are not under the same leash.

I know of no 'creativity leash' imposed by the main office, I'm allowed to write whatever I want on my own time. I'm guessing that it's because those of us in the 'home office' are working on Control4 *all day long*. After doing drivers / helping partners all day long, I don't always feel like writing drivers *all night long*, too.

I've also been busy doing 2.0 training prep / vacation / CES prep for the last month or two.

The last good one I wrote was the Light Usage Agent. It's a good one, IMHO, but not as 'flashy' as some of Alan's.

Maybe I am too cynical and way off-base and watched too much X-Files....

Sounds about right.

RyanE

Back to the topic....you know i'd totally die (and pay handsomely) for a Sonos app....

Sure games and weather and email alerts are fun, but this sort of app is something customers will pay serious money for, so well worth your development time....

So please guys, write a Sonos IP 2 way driver for the new app store..

My personal wish list..

Easy internet TV streaming (Revision 3)

Video queue list and shuffle options (for music videos on NAS)

More retail customer customization without dealer

Pandora streaming (even though Rhapsody is awesome, music channels on Pandora are better)

Ability to play Blu Ray .iso or file structures with bit streaming audio (more media player wish list than anything)

Multiple iPhone, iTouch or Android users in 1 house for Mobile UI

Access home via mobile UI on iPhone app (support dynamic IP address)

Ability for me to access my home AND second home from one mobile UI app.

Display media information like mediabrowser - multiple options (all covers, linear row, slanted linear row, fan art in background when specific title chosen to get more info on, little tags that display the codecs associated with each file)

Dito the upgraded mediaplayer to handle blue-ray backups with TrueHD or DTS HD/MA

Agree with the multiple iphone/BB/android for 1 home

At least allow dealers full control over the GUI (this is where Crestron beats C4 right now)

agreed, but with the new app store they will be easy to find and install...no more web digging... you can already stream video to the panels too, just use the panasonic video to ip converter and make it a fake camera..i do this for people who want to use the 10" as a tv in the bathroom in the morning for news, then a macro just turns the audio on from the cable

Can you elaborate on this? What is this "panasonic video to ip converter" that you reference?

I am very interested in this functionality.

Thanks!

Alan, you misunderstand, if only the 45 people who have control4 and could write applications and give them for free, we would never need another app or driver again!

Everybody but you understands this

Brent

Now I know why I stopped posting here.

Alan, you misunderstand, if only the 45 people who have control4 and could write applications and give them for free, we would never need another app or driver again!

Brent

....well I for one have absolutely No idea what you are saying....are you REALLY suggesting giving away apps for free?.....

Brent

Sorry Brent. I don't quite understand you. You might want to go easy on the beers:)

Brent

???? :|

I'm just curious, other than iTunes support (which I hate iTunes anyways), what is so bad about C4's audio and so good about Sonos? I have distributed audio through every room in my house (save three of the bathrooms) and I absolutely love it. In my opinion other than the ability to fast forward and rewind (which really isn't a big deal) it doesn't really leave anything to be desired.

I'm just curious what the major difference here is...

I'm just curious, other than iTunes support (which I hate iTunes anyways), what is so bad about C4's audio and so good about Sonos? I have distributed audio through every room in my house (save three of the bathrooms) and I absolutely love it. In my opinion other than the ability to fast forward and rewind (which really isn't a big deal) it doesn't really leave anything to be desired.

I'm just curious what the major difference here is...

Just do a search on wappinghigh's posts, there are a couple of times where he and other people have made quite lengthy cases for Sonos :)

^ Just saying.

I'm with you. Plenty of welcome surprises in 2.x brewing. Now if only they beef up their audio distro support we wouldn't need that Sonos App.

I know. But the very near future is looking very promising.

I'm in violent agreement !

^ Just saying.

I'm with you. Plenty of welcome surprises in 2.x brewing. Now if only they beef up their audio distro support we wouldn't need that Sonos App.

I know. But the very near future is looking very promising.

I'm in violent agreement !

Safety first.

This site. The "other one".

Woah' date=' what "other site" is there for Control4 discussion? Are you cheating on us? :|[/quote']

Are you kiddin'? C4Central. :cool: Now I've got to get to work. My real job....it's 6.00 am and the drugs are wearing off!! :lol:

...OK. I confess. There is another site: www.howdoyouexplaintoyourwifewhenshefindsyouhavebeenupsurfingthegeeksitesallnight.com :lol::lol:

Archived