C4 Forums | Control4

VINCELdUB's Programming Guides for the DIYer in you.

VINCELdUB

Hello all, I am starting this thread with the hope that we as enthusiasts will have a place to share our small and large programming tips to help others with the want and need to program their systems. We all, as dealers and experienced programmers, seem to have our own programming style and even language sometimes.

More to follow.

Happy Automating!

3TVs and Audio zone in one area with a sports scene.

In this example, I have four rooms created for a bar area. In this bar area there are three different TVs connected to a matrix. And an audio zone for the entire area. I created one room for the sound. And the room for each individual TV. The reason the sound has its own room is so that you can easily select the music you want without disturbing the video.

The keypad has two "scene" buttons.

Sports and music. When sports or music is held for more than 2 seconds, the room(area) turns off. The music button also has been programmed for three music channel presets by using the 1-2-3 tap programming built into composer.

The led lights follow the state of the area to indicate whether the sports scene is active or not.

In this scenario, if devices are on but not to correct scene specs, a tap on the sports button will force everything to reset to sports scene.

This is also a common set up use for restaurants and pubs.

1109cc7742984e84eb4321919f142afc.jpeg

8caa4451fcec0319c03dc088f7cae079.jpeg

b41d5efec903186b57709ab9398815ba.jpeg

55ebe659d20962d23f5a6d717c166090.jpeg

2cab63287a5958eeb9c0259938f8116f.jpegb0b712e93a691f948de92d02839966d3.jpeg7b96b5e27dbbc41090ad4e674f8623ac.jpeg669274c574451dcdf238b53e5b454990.jpeg8b8e24cc526bc22b58e7402d1b623e43.jpeg

Happy Automating!

Why don't you use the multi screen wall driver?

In this scenario, I had programmed this before the driver had existed. I believe it was back in 2.0

It still operates today perfectly for the customer. And also allows him to switch between rooms with his remote, and control the TVs independently as he sees fit.

Happy Automating!

OK, New Guide.

In this guide,I have a spa with Multiple audio zones. The idea is to have for Music playlists playing at all times. in this case the music is stored on a NAS, but could be a napster playlist, or local usb media. (DO NOT RECOMMEND LOCAL USB) or internet radio. This means that in each room you have the ability to tap any one of four buttons to select that music stream.The way that I have configured it here, I am able to select the music streams and they will add instantaneously And not fail while switching back and forth pressing the different keys multiple times at any point. this method uses control4's algorithm to determine what input on the matrix to select. and the matrix switching is so quick the=at there is no delay between key presses for different music. This is because it does not need to initiate the music stream. Instead, it just simply tell the audio matrix what input to select after it decides  what input the desired "Fake Room" input is selected. I should mention that this could easily be adopted to a home and with any type of digital media. If you wanted to use this same idea with other non digital media devices, you can use the room variable CURRENT_SELECTED_DEVICE. in this case, I hid the 4 fake rooms from navigator.

avswitch.JPG

faek switch.JPG

room layout.JPG

music reset.JPG

Music Reset macro.JPG

add room to session kp 1.JPG

power off kp 1.JPG

Press and hold for power off. I believe. Will look through it again.

Happy Automating!

Edit: yes, was for area power off when timer expired. This slowed for triple tap for three music presets. And then a hold for power off. Was quickest and simplest option. Could have made it a 4 tap with a variable, but thought that a hold would be easier to remember for power off. (Hold until you do not hear the music any longer)

How about tips on programming LEDs for keypads where you don't have the lights (or other devices) bound to the keypad.  How do you then easily program the LEDs to stay on or off?  My keypads are mainly the older six button keypads.  I don't want to bind to lights since then that restricts what I can do in HE as you need Composer Pro to do that.

Can you do a guide on how to add a leaf LU642 video matrix with control4 audio matrix setup? I am having trouble linking the SR250/SR260 remote to the cable box and TV and how it ties into the various components to play audio from cable box in different zones.

11 minutes ago, VINCELdUB said:

I could build a guide for this. However, need to understand what you want for sure.

You have a audio matrix and a leaf? Or do you mean you want the audio through the leaf 642?

Happy Automating!

I have the following:

EA5
LU642 HDMI Matrix

8 Zone Audio Matrix

2 Motorola DCH3200 cable boxes

speakers in 8 audio zones

Vizio 70" TV

I am having trouble with the programming on the HDMI matrix and SR250/260 remote to get that room working. I'd also like for the audio to go from cable box to HDMI matrix and also output audio from cable box to audio matrix if i want TV audio to go to other 7 or 8 zones in the home.

These things you have described require composer pro and some virtual connections to be made.

If you would like help on this issue, PM me as I am a dealer and would be happy to help you. There are other Remote dealers on here as well. Search for remote dealer in forum.

Happy Automating!

1 hour ago, VINCELdUB said:

These things you have described require composer pro and some virtual connections to be made.

If you would like help on this issue, PM me as I am a dealer and would be happy to help you. There are other Remote dealers on here as well. Search for remote dealer in forum.

Happy Automating!

Hey Vince, 

Thanks for the reply. I have these items added to my project already, just need to make the connections. 

Thanks!

-Brian

On 2/3/2017 at 9:36 PM, VINCELdUB said:

Any one want a guide for something? I am happy to help you Compser HE users to achieve some of your ideas with programming.

Happy Automating!

This is great!  I would love to see a tutorial on advanced lighting controls and getting the dimmer LED's to follow always seems to be a problem.  Or setting up scenes, party lighting, evening lighting, etc.

Another one could be security alarm functions such as turning all lights on if the alarm is sounded, blinking outside lights if alarm is sounded.  Turning on interior lights when you punch in your alarm code upon arrival, sending an email when your kid comes home and turns off alarm.  

Jeff

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2017 at 8:19 PM, VINCELdUB said:

In this scenario, I had programmed this before the driver had existed. I believe it was back in 2.0

It still operates today perfectly for the customer. And also allows him to switch between rooms with his remote, and control the TVs independently as he sees fit.

Happy Automating!

So, in order to change sources and/or control the TVs, you have to change rooms? Can you elaborate how this works? 

So, in order to change sources and/or control the TVs, you have to change rooms? Can you elaborate how this works? 

The answer is yes. This was designed to have a "One Button" solution for the client. I am working on a guide to include the ability to have multiple TVs/sources mapped to one room. That way, selecting a source/pressing Watch button is all that is needed to control TVs.

Happy Automating!

There is also a second guide for music selection I had added/edited post 6. I think I will start a separate thread for each guide. New to forums. And he way to do things here.

Happy Automating!

Archived