C4 Forums | Control4

Alexa & Control4

SJC13

Well first you need to figure out which Alexa driver you want to use

Then you add it to the project using composer pro.

From there the rest is in the drivers info page

You will need a dealer for the initial setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are using native control4 capabilities you can do a lot without installing the driver and just going to customer.control4.com and connecting to alexa

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

That's what I did. Just got an Echo Show and you can download the smart home app to your phone, select the c4 Skill and add it, then it will discover your c4 switches, thermostats etc.  it's nice to just say "Alexa set living room lamp to 50%" from my couch so I don't burn unnecessary calories picking up my phone...

• 4 weeks later...

@qwerty88This can all be done through programming whether you use C4 and 4sight together (and the voice scene driver) or the @chopedogg88's amazon echo driver (has much more programming functions and works very well and does not need 4sight).

5 hours ago, qwerty88 said:

Alexa play classical music in living room...

You can use built in streaming with an Amazon echo device and program a particular room(s) to turn on, or you can specify your own music source (or library) to be played in a particular room(s).  The amazon echo can play music from it's built in streaming capabilities and supports an amazon prime or unlimited subscription, spotify, pandora, iheart radio, and xm (new).

Let me know if you need any of these drivers in your project.

There are also lots of reserved words on the echo (e.g. Classical Music). However, if you use Alan's IFTTT driver, you can get around reserved words and use the command "trigger" followed by any word/s.

In my setup, I can say:

- Alexa, turn on living room

- Alexa, trigger classical music

And it will play my classical music playlist (digital media) in the living room.

I am using two drivers and lots of programming to do this (and obviously lots more). For the first voice command, I use Ari's Epic driver  (one could also use the native C4 driver for this) and for the second voice command I use Alan's IFTTT driver. Alexa, of course, does not realize that I am using 2 drivers.

Archived