C4 Forums | Control4

Audio zones order

Order is based on how the order was when rooms were added to the project.

You can move the order around but just dragging and dropping, but I recall that option didn’t work for one particular spot, maybe the zones page?

37 minutes ago, lippavisual said:

You can move the order around but just dragging and dropping, but I recall that option didn’t work for one particular spot, maybe the zones page?

Correct, that is alphabetical there. But you can segment it by floor which might help depending on preference

1 hour ago, lippavisual said:

I was asking about the zones page, and the answer that I got from tech support was this: "The list is actually the order the rooms were added to the project, so the only way to get them in the correct order is to build the project in the order you want it to show up in the zones page."

15 hours ago, crpd said:

I was asking about the zones page, and the answer that I got from tech support was this: "The list is actually the order the rooms were added to the project, so the only way to get them in the correct order is to build the project in the order you want it to show up in the zones page."

My mistake, was thinking room selection page not zones page

Every device, room, floor, and so on in a Control4 project receives a unique device ID number. The last-in, last-shown order means Navigator is sorting by device ID. You can even search the Composer Pro system tree by device ID now.

Not that this information helps the situation... but... 

Image result for now you know

6 hours ago, thegreatheed said:

Every device, room, floor, and so on in a Control4 project receives a unique device ID number. The last-in, last-shown order means Navigator is sorting by device ID. You can even search the Composer Pro system tree by device ID now.

Not that this information helps the situation... but... 

Image result for now you know

I have no idea what you are referring to here.  Yes, you can sort connections by tree or list but what is this ID?  Is this new beyond 2.9.1?

13 minutes ago, CFUG said:

I have no idea what you are referring to here.  Yes, you can sort connections by tree or list but what is this ID?  Is this new beyond 2.9.1?

It is not new.

The device ID is used in the project to identify unique devices / instances of device drivers / proxies.  They are created in order of addition to a given project so they will vary from system to system. If you look at the underlying XML file (the actual project source), you can see them. You can also see some if you look at variables (especially system variables) where you will see the device ID and then an index into the list of variables related to that driver.

I suspect you could change the order in which the zones are displayed by manually editing the XML file, but that is not something for the feint of heart and something few dealers would understand or know how to do (and certainly not supported by C4)

I would love to see a function in a future release that allows you to select the order in which the zones are displayed because it's very annoying in its current implementation.

Archived