C4 Forums | Control4

Thermostat Scheduling

jamesc4

Hello,

I have noticed that with the C4 Thermostat from the C4 APP you can create/edit schedules.

But when using the Nest Thermostat;  the scheduling is not an option on the C4 APP. Is this an issue with all NON C4 Thermostats?

8 hours ago, jamesc4 said:

Hello,

I have noticed that with the C4 Thermostat from the C4 APP you can create/edit schedules.

But when using the Nest Thermostat;  the scheduling is not an option on the C4 APP. Is this an issue with all NON C4 Thermostats?

I haven't used the Nest thermostat driver but i have integrated ALOT of thermostats into Control4 and can tell you that it is upto the developer to implement scheduling into the driver.  They may have chosen not to implement scheduling for some reason which could mainly be due to incompatilibities between the thermostat scheduling and Control4 scheduling.

Alan is correct.  It was determined at the time, due to limitations in Nest's protocol (mostly the rate-limited nature of Nest API accesses, but other reasons as well) that we were not going to implement scheduling in the Nest driver.

Nest was designed and marketed originally to 'learn' your schedule, and it was felt that forcing a 'traditional' scheduler on the device would be somewhat counter-productive.

RyanE

I use the Ecobee and have it integrated with C4. Only real everyday values, in my opinion, from integration are: (1) the ability to view room temps through navigators, (2) ability to override current comfort settings (temp up / temp down) through navigators, and (3) ability to turn HVAC on or off (or from heat to cool) from navigators.  By “navagators” I also mean to include the C4 app and the Sr-260. These functions are all things you can accomplish outside of C4 through the Ecobee app.

I used the native ecobee scheduler to set my comfort schedule and haven’t had to change my schedule or settings much. The ecobee Smart Home feature is nice because the room sensors can detect when we are home during a scheduled away and set temps accordingly. 

I understand you can do some limited programing through Composer HE but I haven’t really played much with that. 

Bottom line IMHO, the native Ecobee app and scheduler is perfect for my needs and the C4 integration isn’t critically necessary.

I’m sure other, more experienced, forum members have opinions on this topic as well. 

Best of luck. 

I have my ecobee set to go into away mode automatically when my alarm arms. Yes the ecobee app will put everything in away mode if there's no motion for so much time. But this is more efficient

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

What I'm looking for is to have the thermostat go to a "night temp setting" when the alarm is set to night mode, to an "away temp setting" when the alarm is in away mode, and in a "normal temp setting" otherwise. Which thermostats will enable this functionality? 

Archived