C4 Forums | Control4

Driver News: Text to Speech driver for Control4

Alan you should give serious thought about packaging up this driver with an HC800 and SR250, for use for the visually impaired. Im serious Alan. This combo would be a bargain. and be incredibly beneficial for the blind. The sky is the limit here in combo with your other drivers (like the finger scanner/security/email/motion detector integration etc)

I mean a handicapped person could put their finger on the print scanner and then be directed into their house, then around the house with some smart software programming...

They could pick up an sr250 and every key could trigger an individual audio message. Time/emails and feedback of what was going on with their property and what they were doing...

Awesome stuff Alan. I think you deserve an award for helping the handicapped. Someone from recluse should nominate you. There must be *some* award out their you can achieve for this (in addition to a financial one)

Maybe Control4 could give you one. It would be great publicity and PR for the company.

Imagine this press release. "Australia dealer designs a Control4 based smart home for the visually impaired".

This would be a fantastic PR boost for the company

Congrats Alan

Can I assume you will be trumping the Eragy app?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alan you should give serious thought about packaging up this driver with an HC800 and SR250' date=' for use for the visually impaired. Im serious Alan. This combo would be a bargain. and be incredibly beneficial for the blind. The sky is the limit here in combo with your other drivers (like the finger scanner/security/email/motion detector integration etc)

I mean a handicapped person could put their finger on the print scanner and then be directed into their house, then around the house with some smart software programming...

They could pick up an sr250 and every key could trigger an individual audio message. Time/emails and feedback of what was going on with their property and what they were doing...

Awesome stuff Alan. I think you deserve an award for helping the handicapped. Someone from recluse should nominate you. There must be *some* award out their you can achieve for this (in addition to a financial one)

Maybe Control4 could give you one. It would be great publicity and PR for the company.

Imagine this press release. "Australia dealer designs a Control4 based smart home for the visually impaired".

This would be a fantastic PR boost for the company

Congrats Alan[/quote']

Can I assume you will be trumping the Eragy app?

you know what they say about assumptions :)

• 2 months later...

combined the text to speech driver with another incomplete driver to generate the following morning announcement for me.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/41593326/Recluse%20AV%20-%20TTS%20Engine.wav

Good morning Alan. Today's date is DAY{} DATE{}. Today's forecast is PARAM{458,1001}. With a minimum of PARAM{458,1002} degrees and maximum of PARAM{458,1003} degrees. The current temperature inside your home is PARAM{233,1010} degrees. Power usage at PARAM{233,1006} watts.

I think this is one of the coolest drivers out for any platform. This implementations ideas are endless. I bet you could use a variable on a yale touchscreen and have the home tell you, when you got home, "Jill got home from school today at 3:15 pm. Sara got home at 3:45 pm." I'm still playing setting mine up but so far its awesome. I just have to think of all the ways to use it.

yeah i wish i had jarvis as well. Anyway next step is to get it to read my new email's in the morning. Probably just how many emails as the announcement is already quite long.

yeah i wish i had jarvis as well. Anyway next step is to get it to read my new email's in the morning. Probably just how many emails as the announcement is already quite long.

This is cool, but it would drive my wife NUTS.

This is cool' date=' but it would drive my wife NUTS.[/quote']

Today was day 1 to waking up to this. So far no complaints. I'll give you guys an update after a week:lol:

• 4 months later...

Under developers there is pricing. Purchase Option 1 - Pay Per Use* (API/Web/Mobile). Note i have included the developer's Demo Key in the driver as well for voice evaluation prior to purchase (you will get an annoying this is for evaluation purposes only prefix or suffix in your message).

On a side note i'm creating YQL based information drivers to work with the text to speech driver and my other drivers. So far got stock pricing and weather up and running:) Should be releasing as soon as i write up the documentation.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm having issues with the weather when I program the TTS to say "Good morning Nate the forecast for today is PARAM{272,1005}"

It says Good morning nate the forecast for today is NOVARIABLE

I don't quite understand finding deviceid and variable part.

I want to be able to push a custom button under a room and make the announcement.

Any help would be appreciated.

Archived