C4 Forums | Control4

trouble for best buy

they advertised $150 per Cat 5/6 walljack from the server location.

I ordered 6, they came over, look around my house structure and they said they need building contractor to run the wire, and I have to pay that service on top of the $150 per Cat 5/6.. :)

^ middle man, I guess...

Anyway.. I went to monoprice ordered a bulk of 1000ft, network wall jacks/plates, network tester/grim, patches etc. Total around I would say $400 for 20 jacks.

I'd really like to support the economy but it never turn out right with these type of middle man. :)

^ middle man,

I'd really like to support the economy but it never turn out right with these type of middle man. :)

Unfortunately too true. Very few contractors strive for quality even when you are paying good money.

Glenn

This article doesn't surprise me one bit. In fact I went in to my local Best Buy to purchase a wifi ipad2 awhile back. When I arrived at the store I changed my mind and decided on a 64GB 3G version instead. There were about 15 employees standing around the area and not a single one had the key to get the iPad out for me. After waiting about 15-20 Mins I got super irritated and left with no iPad I was an easy sell they just had to hand it to me. It just makes you wonder how many people like me do they do this to.

This article doesn't surprise me one bit. In fact I went in to my local Best Buy to purchase a wifi ipad2 awhile back. When I arrived at the store I changed my mind and decided on a 64GB 3G version instead. There were about 15 employees standing around the area and not a single one had the key to get the iPad out for me. After waiting about 15-20 Mins I got super irritated and left with no iPad I was an easy sell they just had to hand it to me. It just makes you wonder how many people like me do they do this to.

This is what businesses are like when they sell products with little or no margin. They pay their employees next to nothing and there is no motivation to help the customer.

- Team Dealer

:P

I tried to pick up a Black WiFi 64GB, of course they didn't have one. This wasn't a surprise since I had the same problem when in was looking to get my 1st Gen iPad, I just ordered though Apple. With Amazon Prime, Monoprice and others online I just give up with Best Buy now.

I heard someone mention they will become like Radio Shack in a couple of years, just selling mobile devices.

• 2 weeks later...

A surprising list. It is kind of amazing that none of the stores being closed in this round are in Michigan. Several of them are in the Chicagoland area.

Glenn

I'm more surprised that the stores being closed aren't all in the city itself given the 9.5% sales tax.

I enjoy Amazon bringing me my items to my front door at a cheaper price (within 2 days), not sure why I would want to ever step foot in best buy unless it was to verify what I really wanted.

To get to CEO, you would think it would take a good sense of judgement. That seemed to fail him in this case.

On Best Buy, they are closing a relatively small percentage of their total store (~1000). But, there are very few examples of a company shrinking their way to success.

Glenn

Archived