C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 support proactively contacted my dealer about my 1000v3...

There is a patch that can be run if the Dom chip isn't too far gone. Otherwise C4 is RMA the units. They are proactively notifying the dealers. The chip was used for a certain date range of 1000 production. I can't remember it off my head. There is a tool that can be run to determine the Dom state.

There is a patch that can be run if the Dom chip isn't too far gone. Otherwise C4 is RMA the units. They are proactively notifying the dealers. The chip was used for a certain date range of 1000 production. I can't remember it off my head. There is a tool that can be run to determine the Dom state.

They notified my dealer last week or the week before and they updated my unit remotely. I like that kind of service.

Bill

I've already suffered one failed HC1000 anyway to check to see if my current one is affected?

I've already suffered one failed HC1000 anyway to check to see if my current one is affected?

Yeah, me too. The dealer that got me my HC1000V3 is no longer in business. Do they go off the dealer that sold it, or the dealer that is registered as your dealer in my.control4.com?

The dealer on record would be the one contacted by control4 in regards to the Dom problem. HC1000s shipped between July 1, 2010 and December 23, 2011 could be affected.

Archived