C4 Forums | Control4

rhapsody still logging me out. any suggestions

just downloaded the new version for my hc800 and iphone.

every 3-5 minutes i get logged out of rhapsody and have to log back in. anyone have suggestions on this one?

This is a known bug - it bites me daily and I am totally tired of it. It seems that if you simply load Rhapsody from one environment (like a key pad) and don't touch it with an iPAD or your phone or any other device that it works better and USUALLY will not log you out.

It is aggravated by loading on one device and then trying to adjust something from another device.

I have pushed this with my dealer and technical support all that I can and it does not seem to be something that C4 is interested in fixing.

Bill

I can see all my Rhapsody play lists in composer. When I go to play one on my key pad it will start to play. If I on my iPAD add a zone or go to change the volume of a zone (or my iPHONE) FREQUENTLY it will simply stop playing. The key pad will show that it is still playing but Rhapsody requires that I log back in.

It is a regular and constant issue.

Bill

OK - my dealer called today and AMAZING as it may seem - Control 4 has version 2.2.1 that has been released SPECIFICALLY to handle all these Rhapsody issues - some major changes were incorporated according to the tech guy.

It has been downloaded and I will let you know if the problems are solved from my point.

Bill

OK - my dealer called today and AMAZING as it may seem - Control 4 has version 2.2.1 that has been released SPECIFICALLY to handle all these Rhapsody issues - some major changes were incorporated according to the tech guy.

It has been downloaded and I will let you know if the problems are solved from my point.

Bill

http://www.c4forums.com/viewtopic.php?id=11775

It was released exactly two weeks ago.

Interestingly enough I don't see this mentioned in the release notes, but I hope it solves your problem.

The 2.2.1 version is for the Control4 controller software OS, not for the app on the iPad / iPhone, from what I understand.

Unfortunately, I don't have/use any iOS devices, so I don't have first-hand experience with the issue.

Sorry.

RyanE

The 2.2.1 version is for the Control4 controller software OS, not for the app on the iPad / iPhone, from what I understand.

Unfortunately, I don't have/use any iOS devices, so I don't have first-hand experience with the issue.

Sorry.

RyanE

I will be testing it shortly and will let you all know if it solved MY problems or not.

Bill

Fortunately, I don't have/use any iOS devices, so I don't have first-hand experience with the issue.

Sorry.

RyanE

I made the appropriate edit to your post

texasbill,

any luck on your end? still doing it over here.

I am stillgetting on screen Rhapsody error messages - yes.

HOWEVER - since I updated it has not stopped playing and require that i re-enter my name and password. - no

This morning when I went to Rhapsody on my iPHONE it brought me to the signin screen for Rhapsody but the music still played and my name and password were still there and worked. So - has it all stopped - no - is it much better for me - yes.

There are still issues but it is MUCH better - as least for the past few days I have not had a fatal issue where it stopped playing and I had to re-start/re-enter names and passwords.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

It has been much better - it stops less often than it used to and it has only logged me out once since I updated - HOWEVER - I still get a number of errors on the screen, there are still long times when it is searching and if you back up and do it again it is successful.

Rhapsody is better but still far from perfect on the latest update.

Bill

^Have you run logs on your project? It appears that you have a few issues in different areas but it all seems to add-up to something out of the norm for Control4. I'll assume you are on the latest/greatest director/navigator versions.

^Have you run logs on your project? It appears that you have a few issues in different areas but it all seems to add-up to something out of the norm for Control4. I'll assume you are on the latest/greatest director/navigator versions.

I have the latest and greatest of everything - yes -

By run logs - can you describe what I need to do? I will gladly do it -

I offered Tech Support at control 4 the ability to log on to my system and look at it but they said that they knew what the problem was and did not need to as they were fixing it - obviously they did not know. <grin>

Bill

Archived