C4 Forums | Control4

Sound bar recommendation

bk

I am looking to add a soundbar to a tv, can someone please recommend a quality soundbar that will at least handle all the 5.1 formats.

Thanks, but it looks like the Triad is only a LCR model. No surround capability. Will look at the Yamaha's. I have not looked yet, but does anyone have a serial driver for the Yamaha?

Yes, the Yamaha YSP sound bars have discrete codes for power, input selection and many of the beam modes. C4 Online database lists the YSP-800, YSP-1000, YSP-1 and YSP-4000 as IR drivers. Today's YSP's models like the YSP-2200 share many of the same IR codes, but might require you to learn a few more codes to be complete.

The newer Yamaha sound bars, like the YSP-2200 have CEC and Audio Return Channel (ARC) functionality. With CEC you can have your CEC enabled TV turn on and off the sound bar and adjust volume level using only the TV remote. Using the ARC you can playback audio from the TV (think SmartTV apps. like NetFlix) to the soundbar. For example, my Panasonic plasma switches my Yamaha sound bar from Cable TV to TV input when I select to watch NetFlix player that is built-into the TV.

Yes, the Yamaha YSP sound bars have discrete codes for power, input selection and many of the beam modes. C4 Online database lists the YSP-800, YSP-1000, YSP-1 and YSP-4000 as IR drivers. Today's YSP's models like the YSP-2200 share many of the same IR codes, but might require you to learn a few more codes to be complete.

The newer Yamaha sound bars, like the YSP-2200 have CEC and Audio Return Channel (ARC) functionality. With CEC you can have your CEC enabled TV turn on and off the sound bar and adjust volume level using only the TV remote. Using the ARC you can playback audio from the TV (think SmartTV apps. like NetFlix) to the soundbar. For example, my Panasonic plasma switches my Yamaha sound bar from Cable TV to TV input when I select to watch NetFlix player that is built-into the TV.

Great feedback, thank you.

Archived