C4 Forums | Control4

CEDIA 2012 Control4

Door Station/Intercom is a very interesting function (as long as you are willing to wait 15 seconds in front of the touchscreen for the image to pop up).

VoicePod seems very cool, I can't believe that he spent 30 seconds on that and 3 minutes on the intercom.

Yeah that was a little slow. It is probably all that beta software running on it. =)

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33199_7-57506837-221/sony-and-control4-bring-home-automation-to-the-masses-hands-on/?part=rss&subj=news&tag=title&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Sounds like C4 is trying to give a taste of its product to people who aren't into home automation, and hoping they like it so much that they want to expand beyond there HT. Smart move.

Let me help

This just-a-taste feature employs Sony’s new GUI, inspired by Control4. It allows consumers themselves to add device control through a simple wizard, leveraging Control4’s extensive database of IR drivers. The receivers boast four onboard 3.5mm plugs for standard emitters.

Let me help

This just-a-taste feature employs Sony’s new GUI, inspired by Control4. It allows consumers themselves to add device control through a simple wizard, leveraging Control4’s extensive database of IR drivers. The receivers boast four onboard 3.5mm plugs for standard emitters.

It sounds a lot like what a Harmony remote can do (device control). If this were for the entire C4 system then that would be big (not complaining).

If this were for the entire C4 system then that would be big (not complaining).

Isn't it? It has a spot for a USB Zigbee dongle... I'm assuming it does the lights/thermostats too?

I wonder if this would have been a better investment than a HC-800 for my system (~8 lights, 2 thermostats and a home theatre). Does Control4 have a return policy? My dealer just did the order last week :)

Door Station/Intercom is a very interesting function (as long as you are willing to wait 15 seconds in front of the touchscreen for the image to pop up).

VoicePod seems very cool, I can't believe that he spent 30 seconds on that and 3 minutes on the intercom.

Mine takes nowhere near 15s. 2 sec, maybe 3 and it's on multiple TSs around the house.

VoicePod seems very cool' date=' I can't believe that he spent 30 seconds on that and 3 minutes on the intercom.[/quote']

Mine takes nowhere near 15s. 2 sec, maybe 3 and it's on multiple TSs around the house.

Well I guess you got yours $3k worth!

It does a couple of lights.. there's a pretty simple looking wizard to walk though the programming and setup that is built into the Sony's GUI. If you need more -- like an SR250 -- you need to get a dealer involved.

Pretty cool and Sony's ES line is really good stuff.

• 1 month later...

Archived