C4 Forums | Control4

2.3 Backup using HE no longer goes thru

Thanks for the tip - although it took a bit of searching to find the new folder with ComposerHE 2.3

Instead of installing it in a new folder c:\Program Files\Control4\**** along with the other folders: ComposerHE211 & ComposerHE222 - it was installed in a different folder -->

C:\Program Files (x86)\Control4

Perhaps this is a Windows7 delineation as I am running Win7 64 - and I don't know if this is a 32bit program

The copy/paste fix worked GREAT!

Thanks for the tip - although it took a bit of searching to find the new folder with ComposerHE 2.3

Instead of installing it in a new folder c:\Program Files\Control4\**** along with the other folders: ComposerHE211 & ComposerHE222 - it was installed in a different folder -->

C:\Program Files (x86)\Control4

Perhaps this is a Windows7 delineation as I am running Win7 64 - and I don't know if this is a 32bit program

The copy/paste fix worked GREAT!

C4 shouldn't be putting anything in the Program Files folder unless it is a 64 bit program. Looks like somebody finally caught that. Maybe that change has something to do with tar.exe falling through the cracks?

I also did several reboots thinking that there was something funny after the upgrade that would not allow for full backup. When I asked my dealer to look into it (maybe a couple of wks ago), the impression I got was that C4 was not aware then and some document was being created about this. I have no idea how that works.

It was confusing to me at first that some people could apparently complete the full back up and others could not, or that rebooting may correct the issue.

Anyway, happy that the fix was relatively simple!

Archived