C4 Forums | Control4

Site Problems?

pstuart

If you visited the site yesterday and your antivirus isn't up to date then you might want to scan your PC. I hit the site yesterday and my antivirus notified me of an intrusion attempt. It was called 'RED Exploit Kit' and the attack originated from a url in the Ukraine. Even though my antivirus seemed to catch the Exploit kit before it could do anything, I still ran a full scan and deleted all my temp internet files. Nothing else was found.

Hm Avast didnt notify me of anything yesterday... doing a full system scan now... Ill install malwarebytes anti-malware also and take a look with that.

The government computer at work didnt notify me either so I wonder if the exploit only on computers with the browser and/or something else not up to date...

Not a bad idea to change passwords.

As far as patching; years ago i was responsible for antivirus and OS patches for a network of about 5000 PCs. You would be surprised to know how many web pages are hijacked on a regular basis, so always patch your PC.

If you don't already know this, unless an emergency patch is called for, Microsoft issues patches on the second Tuesday of every month, they call it patch Tuesday, so just make sure you apply them if your OS isn't set to automatically apply them. Also, it is important to apply the patches as quickly as you can after the patches are released by Microsoft, once the patches are out, the exploits are known and unpatched PCs actually become more vulnerable or more likely to be hit. As far as AV, those are usually issued daily as necessary between 8am and 11am PT for the bigger AV companies, most AV programs automatically apply those daily.

• 3 weeks later...

maybe that was the problem but its sound like special that you cant go on the driver website with any of your navigator ... its working now right ?

It only did it to me one time this last time around. Not sure if something old was cached or what.

Archived