C4 Forums | Control4

Pool Controlers: Jandy or Pentair?

smccray

I have the Pentair system and overall am happy. My installer programmed some custom buttons for my iPad to turn pool lights off/on, water feature on/off. No control of heater temp or anything else. I have to use TS or GUI on TV for the other controls.

tekdoc,

Can you give me some details on the equipment needed to have my C4 System communicate and control my Pentair Pool system. Right now I have 2 Pumps (intelliflow) as well as a Pentair Salt system. All of my Valves are Pentair brand also.

I'd like to do this before the spring.

Thanks.

Tom

Well crap. Will need to think through this a little more. I already have the site license so it seemed like the best way to go.

Both Pentair and Jandy have ipad control applications right? Any feedback on those apps?

avitech is right. You need an i5 or i9 and the iLink which connects it to your C4 system. Pentair sounds like a good idea for you since you have Pentair equipment already. I am not familiar with the iPad app. I think it is an additional cost and you may need a different controller to make it work.

• 1 month later...

I have the Pentair IntelliTouch i7 with the iLink Protocal Interface Adapter. I'm able to control my pumps, heater, and lights that are connected to the i7. The system works but only on the Touchscreens. My hope is that Control4 will introduce the Pool Control option on the mobile devices (iPad and Android) but I've had my system for about 18 months and have stopped waiting.

• 4 months later...

Archived