C4 Forums | Control4

bricked hc250 !!!

louisraza1

what do you mean by *RMA* ???

my dealer is a great guy but my hc-250 i buy it on ebay so ... no warranty from my dealer ...
HC250 is still in 1st year of warranty so ask dealer to talk to Tech Support!!!

I believe he could RMA it if he wanted to' date=' I guess he doesn't want to since you didn't buy it from him.[/quote']

i send a email to control4 to see what they would tell me about it and i also send a email to my dealer to ask him about the RMA program that you told me about. I will post news for info when i will have some. Thanks for the info.

Return Merchandise Authorization = RMA

The device has only been on the market for the better part of a year - it should be RMA'd. No question about it's age.

I would have your dealer look at it first. As there is a USB recovery that can be ran on it. And a dealer will have to call tech support and have them do some steps to see if they can get it going before they will rma it.

Ryan

Well... Not a usb restore but yes, a factory restore.

Really if the dealer doesn't want to mess with it that's their call, and the customers right to choose a new dealer or buy something the dealer will support.

What may be the issue here is that he may be willing to RMA it, but as he did not provide the piece, he's not willing to do this without being paid for his time -C4 won't reimburse him.

Understandable to some degree if this is the case.

Another possibility, while unlikely, is that Tech support already told him the piece is not elligable for warranty as it's traced for some reason (stolen goods, illegal sales by dealers, beta equipment). It's in the books that they reserve the right - although it'd be the first I've heard of it happening. I'd also suspect one would simply explain as much to the client...

More darker possibilities come to mind, but I just encountered some of those recently so that's probably just in my head right?

the guy who sell me the hc-250 on ebay buy it at a best buy store like a refurbished stock or something like that. So how i understand it is the hc-250 is brand new never used and was broken when he buy it. My dealer told me that he cant open it or read anything with linux . I am waiting for some feedback about control4 ... My dealer told me that we can send it to control4 and they will see if they can do something outside warranty . To check it they will charge me like 130 $ and after will charge me something to repair/fix it .

What may be the issue here is that he may be willing to RMA it, but as he did not provide the piece, he's not willing to do this without being paid for his time -C4 won't reimburse him.

Understandable to some degree if this is the case.

Another possibility, while unlikely, is that Tech support already told him the piece is not elligable for warranty as it's traced for some reason (stolen goods, illegal sales by dealers, beta equipment). It's in the books that they reserve the right - although it'd be the first I've heard of it happening. I'd also suspect one would simply explain as much to the client...

More darker possibilities come to mind, but I just encountered some of those recently so that's probably just in my head right?

Hmm - as far as I know, BB is not in any position to sell refurb items, even open box isn't an option - but I'm not an expert on their (well Magnolia's) proper conduct.

It may be the rare situation I mentioned. While I'm in no position to RMA anything for you - if you want I can check and see f there is known status issue with it - I'd need the units MAC adress which should be on a sticker on the case - PM it to me and I'll have a look.

the guy who sell me the hc-250 on ebay buy it at a best buy store like a refurbished stock or something like that. So how i understand it is the hc-250 is brand new never used and was broken when he buy it. My dealer told me that he cant open it or read anything with linux .

And this is where it stops making any logical sense, really. Your dealer doesn't need to open it or know linux. So either get a piece he will support, or find another dealer who will support it.

My dealer is suposed to bring it back to me soon so i will send you the mac unit . Thanks really appreciate . So if you got to buy something from control4 on ebay dont buy it from the hot buy guy ! ;-) ! Nobody respond me from control4 at this time for my problem

Hmm - as far as I know, BB is not in any position to sell refurb items, even open box isn't an option - but I'm not an expert on their (well Magnolia's) proper conduct.

It may be the rare situation I mentioned. While I'm in no position to RMA anything for you - if you want I can check and see f there is known status issue with it - I'd need the units MAC adress which should be on a sticker on the case - PM it to me and I'll have a look.

the guy who sell me the hc-250 on ebay buy it at a best buy store like a refurbished stock or something like that. So how i understand it is the hc-250 is brand new never used and was broken when he buy it. My dealer told me that he cant open it or read anything with linux .

And this is where it stops making any logical sense' date=' really. Your dealer doesn't need to open it or know linux. So either get a piece he will support, or find another dealer who will support it.[/quote']

Good point - he shouldn't need to do that at all.

i send a email directly to the customer service at control4 maybe they will be able to help me or tell me what can i do ...

Nobody respond me from control4 at this time for my problem

Control 4 tech support doesn't support cutomers. You need to be a dealer...

Ryan

i send a email directly to the customer service at control4 maybe they will be able to help me or tell me what can i do ...

Which is going to be to go through a dealer for support and service. Depending on your location you can use Control4's dealer locator tool to find one near you. Internationally it will likely be your distributor.

i already have a dealer near me i was thinking they have a customer service that maybe they will help me or tell me what can i do . Its suposed to be brand new never open ... I will contact my dealer again to see what can we do.

Which is going to be to go through a dealer for support and service. Depending on your location you can use Control4's dealer locator tool to find one near you. Internationally it will likely be your distributor.

Archived