C4 Forums | Control4

IP Drivers for Sharp TVs, specifically LC-80LE632U

zaphod

Does anyone have advice on which (if any) IP drivers would work for a Sharp LC-80LE632U TV? According to my dealer there is not an IP driver for this device but I am guessing that there are other IP drivers for Sharp TVs that will work for this TV.

I have the manual for the TV at it is the same manual for:

LC-80LE633U

LC-70LE640U

LC-60LE640U

LC-52LE640U

LC-80LE632U

LC-70C6400U

LC-60C6400U

But I am guessing that any Sharp TV that has an ethernet connection from the last couple of years would have a similar driver.

The IP commands for the TV look like this (I have verified that these work using PuTTy)

Power On "RSPW1 " or "POWR1 "

Input select "IAVD1 " - for HDMI 1

Channel Select "DA2P0501" to select channel 5-1

the ip drivers from control4 work and i believe there is another one from the guys from the soho shop (C4 dealer in NY). tell your dealer that the ones in composer "certified" (i believe) should work well......on the driver itself he needs to activate the "enable power on over IP)...the rest of the setup is done on the TV ...and he has to match the port number in composer

the ip drivers for the 60, or 70 would work perfectly on the 80", i've done it.....but i always recommend rs-232 for sharp tv's cause it is solid..works perfect everytime.

Certified, but the volume control, ramp, feedback is horrid.

Do you mean the volume control for the TV? I never turn on the TV speakers - wouldn't everyone with an 80" TV also have an AVR for sound and never use the TV speakers?

Certified' date=' but the volume control, ramp, feedback is horrid.[/quote']

Do you mean the volume control for the TV? I never turn on the TV speakers - wouldn't everyone with an 80" TV also have an AVR for sound and never use the TV speakers?

Yes but with ARC you can control volume with sharp remote. Would be nice to have ramp volume as well as volume feedback.

Archived