C4 Forums | Control4

Remote control charging station now for C4 remotes!

http://www.electronichouse.com/article/control4_debuts_remote_recharging_station/

"It’s a bummer when you go to use gadgets, only to find dead batteries. Imagine if you need that gadget to turn on your lights! Something like that should always be ready at a moment’s notice, which is probably why Control4 has introduced the Remote Recharging Station.

The new Recharging Station is designed for use with Control4’s SR-150 and SR-250 System Remote Controls. Instead of having to replace batteries all the time, this option adds in a lightweight, high-power-density rechargeable lithium polymer battery.

The rest of the package includes the recharging station and a replacement battery cover with charging pins. Other features include a low-profile design and a charging indicator LED.

Control4 will start selling the Remote Recharging Station this April, with an MSRP of $130. "

Will be real interested to hear about battery life and lifetime with these vs. standard rechargeable. I've had bad luck with proprietary rechargeable solutions, for example official Microsoft packs for 360 controllers and Duracell branded rechargables for Wii controllers. Always go back to Eneloops/clones. I don't have issues with battery life so the dock seems kind of pointless.

^Agreed- no problem with batteries here either. $130 buys many AAs. Is that $130 per station???? Yeah, I'm fairly sure I won't get on that wagon. Wouldn't it be better glitz to come out with a new remote just for the sake of something new? SRs work OK but, hey, I get tired of anything after awhile (don't tell my wife).

How about a solar-cell based SR- 350. I just got done slamming someone for slamming C4 but the product SR-250 is a very personal item that could stand to be redesigned to renew pleasure. Control4, do you really think that standing still will win the day with this? How many changes to the other interfaces can you guys go through before you come back around to this one??

How about a solar-cell based SR- 350. I just got done slamming someone for slamming C4 but the product SR-250 is a very personal item that could stand to be redesigned to renew pleasure. Control4, do you really think that standing still will win the day with this? How many changes to the other interfaces can you guys go through before you come back around to this one??

ooooops

How about a solar-cell based SR- 350. I just got done slamming someone for slamming C4 but the product SR-250 is a very personal item that could stand to be redesigned to renew pleasure. Control4' date=' do you really think that standing still will win the day with this? How many changes to the other interfaces can you guys go through before you come back around to this one??[/quote']

ooooops

Brent, you dog you...

FYI, need 2.4 for it to work correctly, without 2.4 the battery full charged will only show about 35%...

I think the only good thing about this is that you now have a "place" to return the remote to and easily be found.

The bad news is the battery will die so quickly in normal daily use, that if you lose it, or can't find it, the battery will be dead before you can send a ping to the remote to make a sound.

Rechargeable AA's are the way to go, using James's logic, I just don't need a weak battery and a dock my kids can't find anyway.

Throughout the beta cycles, I was getting 2 weeks out of my heavily used remote (with wake on motion enabled) and in my other locations I was getting 4-6 weeks, so it really depends on the use of the remote. Even with 2 weeks, if I wouldn’t have unplugged the USB connection from the power supply, we got in a habit of docking the remote every day.

From my perspective, I was very impressed with the life. My wife commented on how she likes how light the remotes are with the newer batteries, if that interests you.

I would be interested in hearing feedback from others as these are rolled into production.

Will be real interested to hear about battery life and lifetime with these vs. standard rechargeable.

Throughout the beta cycles, I was getting 2 weeks out of my heavily used remote (with wake on motion enabled) and in my other locations I was getting 4-6 weeks, so it really depends on the use of the remote. Even with 2 weeks, if I wouldn’t have unplugged the USB connection from the power supply, we got in a habit of docking the remote every day.

From my perspective, I was very impressed with the life. My wife commented on how she likes how light the remotes are with the newer batteries, if that interests you.

I would be interested in hearing feedback from others as these are rolled into production.

Will be real interested to hear about battery life and lifetime with these vs. standard rechargeable.

Im getting at least one. My sr250 just said "low battery" last night. Hope to never see that again...

Archived