C4 Forums | Control4

Android Voice Control App

I appreciate that. I don't really know what was happening, because it doesn't provide any feedback. I'm assuming it just doesn't understand me for some reason?

Even a single word, like "Pause" was only working about 15% of the time. Without it providing any feedback, I don't really know where the breakdown is.

I'll play with it more.

In the current version, press the box for debug mode in settings. It won't give you visual feedback (sorry) but it will work....and it will tell you what Google is hearing you say

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, the new versions are published

Voicer Pro New - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ghctim.voicer.pro.new&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5naGN0aW0udm9pY2VyLnByby5uZXciXQ..

Voicer Free New - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ghctim.voicer.new&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5naGN0aW0udm9pY2VyLm5ldyJd

If you are a pro user - I will REFUND you for buying the new version, just buy it and let me know.

If you are a Free user, you must redownload. BUT since I am silly and you guys are so great, I am going to put the pay version on sale for Forum members only as a thank you for your support and sorry to make you redownload the app. If you buy it, then email me, I will refund you $2, so the app will be $7.99. This offer is good until Friday night 8pm EST. So please let me know. I AM SO SORRY that I am lost the key.

Also, please, please, please leave comments on the new versions on google play!

Thank you for your continued support.

Ok, everyone, SethJ has made an updated driver. I recommend downloading that. The app will still work with the only driver be will start to take advantage of the new driver. Only one thing changed. The new driver gives a well formed HTTP response after a request is sent. THis will allow me to include better debug style messaging to you in toast messages. The old driver will continue to work so no need to get the update now...but the voicer app may at some point give you weird error messages because of not updating.

Not entirely sure I am following the feedback HTTP response. Are you thinking at some point this will give confirmation that the command completed?

It won't be command completed. But it will be command executed by Control4. Depending on how long the command takes to execute, completed may be a long time.

Chrome now has google now integration. I am not very savvy with programming but I was just curious if anyone knew if the APIs are available to port the functions of Voicer over to the PC? With the hotword feature, there can be a completely handsfree experience! :)

Chrome now has google now integration. I am not very savvy with programming but I was just curious if anyone knew if the APIs are available to port the functions of Voicer over to the PC? With the hotword feature, there can be a completely handsfree experience! :)

The thought has crossed my mind :) This could be delivered via a chrome extension...but IDK how to write them...

Major update coming:

New Red icon

Multi-command mode. Now for each Event, you can have more than 1 command. You would enter it like "living room on,den on" Note: No spaces between the comma.

Better feedback in Debug mode for when commands are executed by C4. Note: This requires a driver update. Please go back to Luadriver.com and update the driver. The app will work with either v1 or v1.1 of the driver. Doesn't matter! It just gives you more information in V1.1 driver.

Build is in beta and if all goes well...it will be out tomorrow!

Note: This will only be available for pay version of app. Multi-command mode will NOT be back ported to the free version.

If you are paid user and are interested in Beta testing, please email me and I will add you to the Google Play Beta and the Google+ Community to discuss the beta.

Thanks!

Voice Pro New Updated!

Major Release

*Multi-command mode! Now you can have 1 Event fire for more then one audio command. Commands need to be entered comma separated without spaces. i.e. Living Room On,Family Room on

*New error reporting NOTE: This requires an update of the driver to v1.1. App will continue to work with V1 driver but v1.1 gives you better information

*Speed and perfomance improvements

*IP and Port validation

*UI Clean Up

*Support for 96 Events!

Archived