C4 Forums | Control4

Android Voice Control App

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
msgreenf - I'm not an Android user' date=' so I can't try this out. But, I wanted to applaud your efforts. Nice to see some C4 innovation![/quote']

Thanks! It was fun to make.

Same here, not on the android platform yet, and something like this is definitely worth more than $5...

Really cool development...

Can you set it up so the app reads your location"room selection" and the commands are for the selected room? Is this possible with your app?

http://lifehacker.com/automate-your-home-via-voice-commands-with-tasker-and-v-493876426

This isn't possible today. I was thinking about that but it would be a total rewrite and I would have to learn c4soap commands. It's possible but it's above my skill right now.

Got it

Thanks

Can you set it up so the app reads your location"room selection" and the commands are for the selected room? Is this possible with your app?

http://lifehacker.com/automate-your-home-via-voice-commands-with-tasker-and-v-493876426

This isn't possible today. I was thinking about that but it would be a total rewrite and I would have to learn c4soap commands. It's possible but it's above my skill right now.

My dealer and I have been playing with it this afternoon. It is fricking amazing. I absolutely love it. I am going to be upgrading to the 24 command version soon.

I think you've totally disrupted the market for the smart voice control and that new VoicePod product that is due to hit dealers soon. Very nice work!

My dealer and I have been playing with it this afternoon. It is fricking amazing. I absolutely love it. I am going to be upgrading to the 24 command version soon.

I think you've totally disrupted the market for the smart voice control and that new VoicePod product that is due to hit dealers soon. Very nice work!

That's Awesome! Glad you like it! I made it for me, but its great to see others enjoy it!!

Did you raise the price with the new update?

I did raise the price shortly after release. I raised based on a lot of people's feedback and the belief that I was under pricing the functionality. If you look at other voice solutions such as voicepod or siri proxy I am WAY cheaper beause it's software only.

I mean I know I raised the price and that sucks, but would you agree with the above statement?

Keep it up! It's worth every penny, I should have purchased it yesterday but I'll get it today more money for dev and requests.

For you next update could you add the ability to name the pages, so if page 1 =Bedroom, I know all the commands on that page are for the bedroom and I have to say "Bedroom Light", if page 2=Kitchen I'll say "Kitchen Light? I'm using toggles instead of OFF and ON.

I did raise the price shortly after release. I raised based on a lot of people's feedback and the belief that I was under pricing the functionality. If you look at other voice solutions such as voicepod or siri proxy I am WAY cheaper beause it's software only.

I mean I know I raised the price and that sucks' date=' but would you agree with the above statement?[/quote']

Need beta testers?

BTW - I have a new feature I am trying to develop. Integration with Google Now!!! But that will only be in the pay version and I am NOT SURE IF IT WILL WORK.

Keep it up! It's worth every penny, I should have purchased it yesterday but I'll get it today more money for dev and requests.

For you next update could you add the ability to name the pages, so if page 1 =Bedroom, I know all the commands on that page are for the bedroom and I have to say "Bedroom Light", if page 2=Kitchen I'll say "Kitchen Light? I'm using toggles instead of OFF and ON.

I mean I know I raised the price and that sucks' date=' but would you agree with the above statement?[/quote']

I like that idea...so basically you would name a room and then all the commands on the page would be room + command?

Need beta testers?
BTW - I have a new feature I am trying to develop. Integration with Google Now!!! But that will only be in the pay version and I am NOT SURE IF IT WILL WORK.

If I do any major changes, like this, I will want to test it probably..so I will let you know!

Also, I'd love to test you Google Now integration if you're after a Beta Tester.

I was reading more about it..it's not so much google now integration as it's Search button integration. It doesn't look promising...

Archived