C4 Forums | Control4

Android Voice Control App

The idea of using voice commands obviously works well, my only issue is that Android seems to find the New Zealand accent very difficult to interpret so in my testing I have resorted to using numbers as it seems more reliable although still not perfect so asking it to have to interpret more words in a command might be a problem for us non-Americans.

That is an unfortunate limitation on any speech recognition that attempts to interpret words to an "endless" library.

Also means you'll need to take care what commands you tie programming too so they're not too close sounding.

I tested Avocation's stuff for C4 - which worked great in their demo setup with limited options, but when it was trying to interpret what I said to the considerably more option in my own system - it would fail miserably. And I mean miserably.

One bad example was that when I said "stairway light" it would randomly toggle the light, or toggle hallway light, or stairwell light, or air filter fan, or turn on stairway to heaven movie, or turn on stairways to heaven cd....

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chester

Amazon has informed me that voicer pro will be available today!

What about the trial version' date=' I would like to try that first?[/quote']

They just approved that too! Interestingly they approved the pay version before the trail. And I submitted the trial first.

Can you please please please bring back the setting button.

I bought voicerpro to support the effort but can't get into setting because Android does not understand me when I say "setting"

I get 16, 15, syd tang, city, ct, seating - my partner thinks I'm going mad speaking to the tablet - I wonder how you pronounce setting in American ...

edit:

Desparate solution

http://www.pronouncehow.com/english/setting_pronunciation

I bought voicerpro to support the effort but can't get into setting because Android does not understand me when I say "setting"

I get 16, 15, syd tang, city, ct, seating - my partner thinks I'm going mad speaking to the tablet - I wonder how you pronounce setting in American ...

edit:

Desparate solution

http://www.pronouncehow.com/english/setting_pronunciation

Haha, what if I did this. What if after command not found it asked would you like settings and it was a yes or no question? I don't want to bring the interface page back because it was slowing the process down of giving commands and settings isn't used that much.

That would work for me

I get 16' date=' 15, syd tang, city, ct, seating - my partner thinks I'm going mad speaking to the tablet - I wonder how you pronounce setting in American ...

edit:

Desparate solution

http://www.pronouncehow.com/english/setting_pronunciation[/quote']

Haha, what if I did this. What if after command not found it asked would you like settings and it was a yes or no question? I don't want to bring the interface page back because it was slowing the process down of giving commands and settings isn't used that much.

That would work for me

I get 16' date=' 15, syd tang, city, ct, seating - my partner thinks I'm going mad speaking to the tablet - I wonder how you pronounce setting in American ...

edit:

Desparate solution

http://www.pronouncehow.com/english/setting_pronunciation[/quote']

Great, coding is done! Just have to test and push to Google Play. Keep you updated!

Voicer Free v 1.5

-Settings screen fixed for large display phones

Voicer Pro 2.91

-Settings screen fixed for large display phones

-Ability to define your own keyword for access settings

-Ability to turn off settings on "command not found"

Next update is going to be great! Getting super feedback from my beta testers. Anyone else who would like to be a tester, you must be an owner of the Pro version, then just drop me an email!

are you going to release it on iphone ? i will be your first customer ! :D

Next update is going to be great! Getting super feedback from my beta testers. Anyone else who would like to be a tester, you must be an owner of the Pro version, then just drop me an email!

is this app is available on some android tab ? like the nexxus one ?
Nope, not possible in ios due to no Siri API.

I have a user in New Zeland who is using it on the Nexus One without problem. In theory it should work on Any Android tablet running Ice Cream Sandwhich or newer. ICS/Jelly Bean are required.

I tried it last night, but couldn't get it to work consistently. I'm going to play around with it more today and tomorrow to see what I can figure out.

If I can get it working realiably, I'll grab the paid version.

I tried it last night, but couldn't get it to work consistently. I'm going to play around with it more today and tomorrow to see what I can figure out.

If I can get it working realiably, I'll grab the paid version.

Please let me know if I can help! Debug mode is a great help in troubleshooting. Right now Debug mode on the Free version doesn't show the check marks, i have a fix but have been working on the pay version.

Please don't hesitate to ask questions!

I appreciate that. I don't really know what was happening, because it doesn't provide any feedback. I'm assuming it just doesn't understand me for some reason?

Even a single word, like "Pause" was only working about 15% of the time. Without it providing any feedback, I don't really know where the breakdown is.

I'll play with it more.

Archived