C4 Forums | Control4

Driver Bundle V2

Ok, I must be doing something stupid. I can send quickmail just fine with the smtp driver.  When I try and use the sendmail command, however, I get the following error.

INFO: Find Email Notification For Event Security trouble

[string "Lua Code"]:197: bad argument #1 to 'match' (string expected, got nil) (ExecuteCommand)

Unfortunately the driver is encrypted so I can't debug this myself.

Thanks for writing some awesome drivers!  I love the c4forums community, way better than the official control4 dealer forum in my opinion.

Are you running latest version, 2.1? What controller are you using?

Trying doing a backup of your system after program changes.

Have a new update out shorty that will help with diagnostics.

Thanks

David

David, I think someone asked this earlier but wanted to check to see if you had plans to add nfs support to the MyMovies driver?  The reason I ask is that I found that the Dune media player performs better with nfs.

Thanks!

Eric

On the case already.

Just been a little snowed with the day job!

Thanks

David

Hi David,

I think I found a bug in the SMTP software.  Whenever I try to send an email with an apostrophe " ' ", nothing is sent.  I was told the debug output looks like this:

DEBUG: ExecuteCommand (SendMail)
DEBUG:  Parameter: Name = Daily Email
INFO: Find Email Notification For Event Daily Email
DEBUG:

I'm not sure if anyone else can test this to confirm, maybe it is just my system?

Anyway, other than that it works great!  I have emails setup when batteries (remote, motion sensors, etc) go low, garage door left open, daily status updates.  It rocks!  Great work!

Thanks!

Hi David,

I think I found a bug in the SMTP software.  Whenever I try to send an email with an apostrophe " ' ", nothing is sent.  I was told the debug output looks like this:

DEBUG: ExecuteCommand (SendMail)
DEBUG:  Parameter: Name = Daily Email
INFO: Find Email Notification For Event Daily Email
DEBUG:

I'm not sure if anyone else can test this to confirm, maybe it is just my system?

Anyway, other than that it works great!  I have emails setup when batteries (remote, motion sensors, etc) go low, garage door left open, daily status updates.  It rocks!  Great work!

Thanks!

Is that an "'" in the subject, body or name of the Email?

Thanks

David

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again to David for making this driver set available.

I worked with David this AM and we got my rather complicated movie database sorted.  I was having an issue with certain foreign titles not showing, and it turns out it was limited to one specific country rating setting - all sorted through an update.

However, I did run across another issue that I'll share with those of you that may have some missing title issues.  Several titles, primarily from the US, weren't getting added to C4 no matter what I tried.  The Lua dialog showed them being read but not added.

Upon further inspection - these titles had been ripped into mymovies and had a file location default to 'online folder' instead of online file.  This is likely because I was not ripping to ISO but rather a VIDEO_TS folder structure.  This is also the default for those of us using mymovies interface on the Dune.

Because a folder location and not a file location was being passed, C4 would either not add the title, or for those titles that somehow did get added it would not play when sent to the dune (Error: Format not supported).

Switching this setting in mymovies, for each affected file, to "Online: File" then selecting the IFO file resulted in these titles getting added to C4 and getting properly passed to Dune for playback.

The only issue I see with this, and really shouldn't matter at all, is those titles now don't function if you happen to revert back to the Dune MyMovies interface.  Again, this shouldn't be an issue because most of us I would assume are chosing to use only the C4 interface vs. the dune mymovies interface...why have two interfaces?!

Thought I would pass that along in case any of you were scratching your heads about it.  Once making the change everything is flowing through 100%.

Kevin

Thanks for reporting your findings. I'm running across the same issue.  Does this basically mean that you can't use ripped folders for control4 integration with mymovies and dune?  Might be important to note in the documentation that ripped folders won't work.

Thanks for reporting your findings. I'm running across the same issue.  Does this basically mean that you can't use ripped folders for control4 integration with mymovies and dune?  Might be important to note in the documentation that ripped folders won't work.

It would appear that Control4 needs a file to point to so you can change the path in MyMovies as describe in Kevin's response tp point to the IFO file and that should let you import them.

I will look at adding the to the driver to work out automatically.

Thanks

David

Does this require the same $100 full license in the My Movies software that the Extra Vegetables driver uses, or can this be used with the free collection management only version?

It requires MyMovies full license (2,500 points).

Sent from my Droid MAXX via Tapatalk.

Archived