C4 Forums | Control4

Sr250 wont control hc800

The remote is configured in the same room.  If i press the Control4 Button, it turns on the TV and sets it to the input of the 800,  I cannot control the onscreen GUI.  I brought in another remote from another room and same thing.  The display lists the name of the controller under the room name, as it always has when i press the Control4 Button

Yeah it sounds like a connection issue. As it was working recently, it seems that for some reason the 'navigator' process isn't seeing the 'director' (even though they are on the same controller). On the rare occasion I've seen this it was either that the unit was, as mentioned, ID'd by IP vs using UUID or a simple reboot would fix it.

Professional isnt an option.  It was identified by UUID, and the IP is reserved by MAC Address so i have no conflicts, then i identified it by IP address and still nothing.  Both the Navigator and director processes are enabled.  I have 2 other controllers that the Onscreen Nav. are working perfectly for

• 2 weeks later...

what everyone is talking about above seems to be the correct steps to troubleshooting the issue. whats odd to me is that it was working and now its not. i would also try a power cycle to see if that frees it up. If not we do provide remote programming services and we may be of use if you need it.

I tried several power cycles, my modem crashed, somehow, and it started working...so it must have been an IP conflict.  Which the MAC was reserved, so im not sure how that could happen.  But it works now, Thanks again for all of the help!!

Archived