C4 Forums | Control4

Added Door Station by mistake, now can't delete it..

Hi, first post here, though been read-only for some while.

In Composer Pro I double clicked on 'Door Station' in the Driver list, hoping it might pop up some details, when in fact it added it to a Room in the project. As a Composer HE user for a while I should have realised that double clicking is an add operation.

Anyway, when I select it in the hope that I can then delete it I get the following error

Exception: System.NullReferenceException

Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source: doorstation_bcm.c4d

at doorstation_bcm.PropertiesControl.GetProperties()

at doorstation_bcm.PropertiesControl.PropertiesControl_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.OnCreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlCollection.Add(Control value)

at Control4.Designer.Design.PropertiesTab.set_SystemItem(SystemItem value)

at Control4.Designer.Design.DesignView.OnSelectedItemChanged(SystemItem item)

at Control4.Designer.Design.SystemTree.OnSelectedItemChanged(SystemItem item)

at Control4.Designer.Controls.DeviceTree.OnAfterSelect(Object sender, TreeViewEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.OnAfterSelect(TreeViewEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.TvnSelected(NMTREEVIEW* nmtv)

at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WmNotify(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Can anyone advise how I can delete it from the Room in the System Design view?

Many thanks

Simon

EDIT: removed some details as requested

i guess this might be a great example why SOME people that have access to Pro, SHOULD not have access to Pro. Hopefully a dealer would have a good time fixing it now..

I also did not read nor know how he got it.

But here is a fact.

Software can be cracked, or be given unauthorized access to but it is a fact that is not limited to Control4 nor it is a negative reflection on their business model. 

I've read some of your gripes having access and frankly I do not understand it. Some people will have it, most people won't. I'm not sure if you are campaigning to have everybody have it. Or you have sour grapes that you can't gain access to it.

My brother in law gets VIP passes to NHL, NBA and other major leagues just because of the people he knows. He is not a sports fan in  any measure and doesn't pay attention to any sports. I'm the guy that pays through the nose for season tickets. I don't cry about it. Some people will have access. Right, wrong or otherwise. Live with it, grow up stop being a baby. :wub:

Think about it. I'm sure you have access to a few things in your field or line of business that us common people don't have. ;) Have you heard the song from the Disney movie Frozen, "Let it go"

Think about it. I'm sure you have access to a few things in your field or line of business that us common people don't have. ;) Have you heard the song from the Disney movie Frozen, "Let it go"

Man that movie was hard to sit through with the kids.....let it go, let it go, let it go.....arggg

Archived