C4 Forums | Control4

Identify Denon AVR-3313CI

RECEIVER CONFIGURATION:

Follow the instructions in the Receiver User Manual for Setup. Ensure that:

- DHCP is set to "OFF" (for IP control)

- a Static IP Address is Entered (for IP control)

- IP Control is set to "Always ON" (for IP control)

- HDMI Control is set to "OFF"

COMPOSER CONFIGURATION:

-IP

Manually add the receiver to your project and enter IP Address of the receiver into Composer:

1) Manually add the driver to the project from the Online Database within the Search tab. 

2) On the Composer/Connections/Network Tab, enter the IP Address of the Receiver.

3) Close the Identify window.

4) Go to System Design and verify that the receiver is connected to Director by looking at the "Connected To Network" property on the Driver Properties page. It should be true.

Note: It might be false for a short periods after the setting change of the network.

-Serial

Manually add the receiver to your project and set up the RS-232 connection:

1) Manually add the driver to the project from the Online Database within the Search tab. 

2) Bind the receiver's RS-232 control input from within Connections > Control/AV > Control Inputs to the appropriate controller or I/O extender RS-232 port.

I am trying to identify via IP but and I entered the static IP address but I don't seem to have some functionality.  I have a Sony AVR in the theater and there was a specific sequence of button pushes on the front that gave me the UUID connection and control is perfect on that.

that avr does not support UUID as far as I know.  if you are still have issues connecting I would check all the receiver settings for allowing remote access and keeping the lan on while in standby. are you using wireless or direct

Also looking for a better driver for my FIOS cable tv.  It is a Motorola QIP7100-2 and they don't show one in the online database either.  There is a QIP 6416-1 and I used that but it doesn't turn it on/off. 

Or connect a TiVo Premier and use the rock solid IP driver from TiVo.

You also save the box rental fees from FiOS

Archived