C4 Forums | Control4

Downgrading firmware on legacy switches

Mostly just nervous about the upgrade from past experience. Been on C4 since very early years in SLC and had some unpleasant experiences at the beginning with dealers that were clueless. Been watching the forum to see the issues that have come out from the various newer versions. Also still building out my system so wanted to get it complete then upgrade all at once at some

Point.

There's always a risk when updating, but it really isn't that big a deal.

What controller do you have? going to 2.5.3 may well give you a lot of benefits.

To answer your question directly and confirm Dan - you can't downgrade, but most likely they'll operate just fine.

Mostly just nervous about the upgrade from past experience. Been on C4 since very early years in SLC and had some unpleasant experiences at the beginning with dealers that were clueless. Been watching the forum to see the issues that have come out from the various newer versions. Also still building out my system so wanted to get it complete then upgrade all at once at some

Point.

I'm in SLC too and had Control4 since the 1.2 days. The update is a solid update and nothing to worry about. The company has come a long ways in the past 8 years.

Sent from my Droid MAXX via Tapatalk.

Archived