C4 Forums | Control4

Do 3 button keypads go to sleep???

I have one 3 button keypad in my home and the strange thing about it is if the thing is left alone for a couple hours it takes 2 presses of a button to get the action, after that it functions fine on the first press till it gets left alone again.

This happens on all three buttons, and has been like this from the start it has just started to bother me

I thought zigbee but it only like 10 feet from a HC800 and other switches near that one work flawlessly, would the detective suite help to determine if this is a possible cause??

I know its not programming as it only requires a single tap after it is awake

3BT, 2BT, it's all the same- RF disturbance in the vicinity.  Several ways to detect and combat this easiest being change ZP channels.  May not matter proximity to a controller and you would know this by looking at Zigbee routing in CPro.  I also have seen 2BT 15 ft from a ZAP go lame.  Checked into it and that particular one was hopping in some indirect pattern that made no sense.  Like you, that same unit would spring to life after a few presses and stay happy for awhile. 

3BT, 2BT, it's all the same- RF disturbance in the vicinity. Several ways to detect and combat this easiest being change ZP channels. May not matter proximity to a controller and you would know this by looking at Zigbee routing in CPro. I also have seen 2BT 15 ft from a ZAP go lame. Checked into it and that particular one was hopping in some indirect pattern that made no sense. Like you, that same unit would spring to life after a few presses and stay happy for awhile.

I've got a 6 button that has the worst routing, makes no sense. Wish you could tweak this somehow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a 6 button that has the worst routing, makes no sense. Wish you could tweak this somehow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unregister it from project and reidentify and it will make a new route

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

detective suite would show you the single strength and if you have Zigbee problems.  a quick an easy thing to try is disconnecting it from the mesh and re-identifying it.  

What is the key press code to leave the mesh??

and then just try to re-id it and that will possibly resolve routing issues, an I understanding this correctly??

I'll give it a shot tonight

Archived