C4 Forums | Control4

HELP! Power outage..nothing works..remotes "waiting on network"

Power outage at home... nothing will work... tried to reboot and remotes still say "waiting on network".  Did some research and found out that the internal power supply goes out often in the HC 1000.  Anyone have this problem?  How do I replace it?  New one will have to be re-programmed, right?  

can u connect to the controller with composer or my home app? what kind of lights do you have the controller? how long are you waiting to see if the system comes online. any more information you can give the better

Does the HC1000 have any lights on?

Where's your secondary controller, did you reboot that as well, HC1000 can't do zigbee on it's own.

Did you try and remove batteries in remote to reboot them?

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same issue.  HC1000 has only a power light as do the  HC Controllers and HC 300's, except one of the 300's has NO POWER.  Have tried to restore its power but unplugging the cord does nothing.  Can a bad 300 "down" the HC1000 and the whole system?  Have had multiple issues with the 1000 which causes me to "reboot"(pull power cord out) and sometimes it takes dozens of times to work.  Frustrating to say the least.  Is it time to get an HC800?????

The HC1000 and 300's both had a run of bad power supplies.  If the 300 isn't the director of your project (1000 should be), it could be a zigbee server or zap coordinator, which would bring down your zigbee devices if it's not working.

Without knowing the exact specifics of your project, it's hard to tell what's going on.  An upgrade could do you some good.

Archived