C4 Forums | Control4

Cheap AVR for secondary TV room

epike

I'm considering using cheap refurbished AVRs for secondary TVs.  Each room will have a pair of in-wall/in-ceiling speakers and Tivo as the main or only source.  Each room would have a C4 remote but wouldn't use the navigator interface on the TV.  This would likely be less expensive than going with a full blown C4 audio matrix/amp.

Would any of the following be better from a C4 perspective?: Marantz (i.e., NR1403), Denon (i.e., AVR-1513, AVR-E200, AVR-1312, AVR-E300, AVR-1613, AVR-E400), or another similarly priced AVR?

Thanks!

Denon usually have Serial integration so integrate well.

Look for one with IP integration. (less cables) Or serial but you need a serial port on a controller for each AVR alone with your Samsung tv's YIUR shopping for extra serial ports. Just another line in the budget.

That distributes the video but how are you doing the analog audio sources.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestions.  It looks like the Denon AVR-X1000 is the cheapest I can find with IP control at $235 (refurbished) shipped.  The Marantz NR1504 appears to have IP control at $365 (refurbished) shipped.  The Sony 1040 is $400.  So does it come down to personal preference since they all have IP, or is there a reason to go with one of these (or something else) over the others?

Archived