C4 Forums | Control4

My Movies problem

lippavisual

This is the first time I've encountered this issue and was hoping others may have had the same experience and fix for my situation.

I've been using a synology NAS to stream movies to my Dune players, using both EV drivers for MyMovies and Dune.

My NAS ended up having a bad NIC card so I sent it in for repair and synology ended up just sending me a brand new NAS with an updated DSM software.

I reinstalled my hard drives, setup the NAS, etc, now everything on the NAS is good to go.

My problem is that when selecting movies thru C4, I no longer have the movies play automatically. I can get to the movies using the Dune interface though.

I'm guessing that the file identifications/locations have changed since the NAS switch. Does anyone know of a way to either refresh MyMovies software or whatever to get the functionality back?

Where can I begin?

Thanks in advance.

Make sure the IP address of your synolgy/dune/mymovies library are the same as they were in Composer HE. I've lost power to the house a few times and it's changed so I've had to change it within Composer HE.

If the file location has changed there is a way to change all of the locations to the new one at once. In mymovies select any one of the movies in the list on the left. After selecting the movie, on the movie info side of the screen you will see an icon with small cd/dvd looking disks. Select that and change the file path to the new one. It will then prompt you as 'other movies are noticed to be part of that old disk too, do you want to change all file paths to the new one?' Or something like that. Select yes. I'd try the ip method first.

If the IP adress is the same, possibly the network name of the NAS changed., Yes that means the paths are now incorrect. MyMovies alone may not be enough to get this to be updated though - the way to change it in composer is to have the movie collection driver just rebuild the media database. This is easilty done from a button in Pro, but I think it allows you to create a (temporary if you want) programming to trigger that as well (would have to check to be sure of that part though).

Username, password and IP address are exactly the same as it was before and I also already tried rebuilding database. Composer finds all my movies.

I opened the Mymovies XML file under one of my movie files on the synology and looked at the file path/ID and compared it to the file path/ID shown on the same movie under Mymovies. Totally different paths. I think Jeff maybe on to something with what he suggested so will try that.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Username, password and IP address are exactly the same as it was before and I also already tried rebuilding database. Composer finds all my movies.

I opened the Mymovies XML file under one of my movie files on the synology and looked at the file path/ID and compared it to the file path/ID shown on the same movie under Mymovies. Totally different paths. I think Jeff maybe on to something with what he suggested so will try that.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

If you're comparing the path from within composer to anything else, don't. They would never match as they include part of the encryption that limits MyMovies from EV to work only with player drivers from EV.

Note that beyond usernam/passwrod and IP there's also the unit's network name - which is likely to be different - that could be causeing some issues - though the rebuild should have taken care of that.

If changes are made in the movie managemtn driver, it's often wise to reautorize the driver, this is sometimes needed to make it function properly (re-build again after that).

So I ended up deleting all of the files out of MyMovies, after making a backup.

The chose import>movie folders and selected my videos file under the NAS and then Mymovies rebuilt the database with the correct info.

Opened Pro and rebuilt database.

Everything back to normal now. Thanks

I didn't look at anything in composer, just between my NAS and MyMovies software. The only thing I used composer for was to rebuild the database after I made the changes.

Somehow the changing of the NAS to the new one got the movie IDs changed. Not sure how but what I did above got it working again.

Archived