C4 Forums | Control4

Monoprice HDMI Switch - Delay/Blackout during switch

Not sure if anyone has this problem, but when I switch inputs using the Monoprice HDMI Matrix it blacks out my TV (drops signal) for a few seconds before reconnecting (normal from what I read here). The problem is it does this no matter what the input is. So if I am on TV and switch to TV manually it disconnects and reconnects to the same input. Anyway around this, maybe check the input first and if not the same switch input?

Also, if I switch inputs on TV 1, TV 2 goes out to.

Devices: Monoprice HDX-402E - PID 5312

Driver: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bza8R7pwok9VaVR4cnVLX0puMlE/view  

Driver Name: avswitch_MonoPrice_4x4HDMI Rev 3.0 _2.c4i

(Using the 4x4 driver but should work the same as the 4x4 is almost identical to the 4x2 minus the two outputs)

Running 1.8

Not sure if the driver I am using is outdated and there is a better one.

Any advice or input would be much appreciated.

The drivers I've seen are IR "Driver Wizard" drivers, which are going to send the 'switch inputs' code every time, they don't (and can't) have logic in them to remember what input they're on, and not send the 'switch inputs' code again.

The Monoprice switch also doesn't always switch, even when it gets the code, so it would likely be unwise to not send it again.

RyanE

The drivers I've seen are IR "Driver Wizard" drivers, which are going to send the 'switch inputs' code every time, they don't (and can't) have logic in them to remember what input they're on, and not send the 'switch inputs' code again.

The Monoprice switch also doesn't always switch, even when it gets the code, so it would likely be unwise to not send it again.

RyanE

If you have Composer HE you can use variables to track inputs and such so you can resend the commands with a reset, etc...

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

Archived