C4 Forums | Control4

An article on the future challenges of Control4

Anzir

Sure they are not connected yet but what has this "connected platform" argument done for C4? The strategy they have is not working. I guess we'll be talking about how great C4 is and how no one realizes it as they ride into bankruptcy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am personally looking for a connected platform.  Personally I think C4 should focus more on the platform, less on hardware. And sell the platform.  Shooting myself in the foot but make it more subscription based - people pay for alarm service or sprinkler contracts or other landscapers, people would pay a contract to have a sound platform, support local or remote, etc.  The platform C4 has is its advantage to me, not their hardware/SKU offerings.  though the hardware is nice, I think the focus should be on the service.  That is what the others are missing.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so not just the hub is being sold to the public, but I am assuming the C4 hardware you mentioned like switches/dimmers, key locks, etc.  That is a big retail undertaking with all the SKU's involved.  And my guess a re-write of Composer is needed to make it pretty work as "plug and play" on an app.  And maybe I am wrong, but the average person walking into a big box retailer is going to need someone to hook up their light switches and maybe even their HVAC needs.  So they are going to need "someone" to help with parts of the installation anyways.  It is not 100% DIY.  dont confuse the voice on this forum vs the voice of the "average joe".

Its a nice idea, just not sure it can happen so easily.

If the average person couldn't hook up a lightswitch you wouldn't see such a huge market for light switches at Home Depot, Lowes, Menards, Ace, etc.  Same goes for thermostats...  

Customer Service is really the only hurdle they would need to jump over and while a large hurdle its obviously not impossible.  

I'll say it again, if C4 stayed a private company none of this would be an issue, but once they went Public it became one. 

If the average person couldn't hook up a lightswitch you wouldn't see such a huge market for light switches at Home Depot, Lowes, Menards, Ace, etc. Same goes for thermostats...

Customer Service is really the only hurdle they would need to jump over and while a large hurdle its obviously not impossible.

I'll say it again, if C4 stayed a private company none of this would be an issue, but once they went Public it became one.

They should have spent part of that 20 mil on setting up a customer support system for a part DIY conversion instead of a buyback. The market sees through the futility of using that to boost the stock price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived