C4 Forums | Control4

Advanced Lighting scenes activating lights that are NOT in the scene Ver 2.7

Hello everyone,

My system was recently updated and after the updated I've noticed when I activate the scene "Lounge Day", Lounge Day is activated + my kitchen sink light (the kitchen sink light isn't tied to the scene and it use to not turn on prior to the update).  When I look at any of my touch screens or iPhone app, the kitchen light shows as OFF, even though it is ON.  If I activate Lounge OFF, the lounge lights turn OFF but the kitchen light stays on.  The scene Lounge DAY has been checked and the load kitchen sink light is not a part of it.  

Another scene that has a similar behavior is the Foyer Lights.  When activated Foyer lights +Courtyard lights is activated.  All of the lights from Courtyard lights don't show as ON when I look in the iPhone app they are physically on.  This is a bit of a weird issue.  Any thoughts?  

(edited for clarification) 

I guess that wasn't that clear.  

So, after upgrading, when I activate the scene "Lounge Day", Lounge Day is activated + my kitchen sink light (the kitchen sink light isn't tied to the scene and it use to not turn on prior to the update).  When I look at any of my touch screens or iPhone app, the kitchen light shows as OFF, even though it is ON.  If I activate Lounge OFF, the lounge lights turn OFF but the kitchen light stays on.  The scene Lounge DAY has been checked and the load kitchen sink light is not a part of it.  

Another scene that has a similar behavior is the Foyer Lights.  When activated Foyer lights +Courtyard lights is activated.  All of the lights from Courtyard lights don't show as ON when I look in the iPhone app they are physically on.  This is a bit of a weird issue.  Any thoughts?  

I had no issues upgrading from 2.6 to 2.7, but did have some weird behaviors with Advanced Lighting a few versions back when first upgrading to Advanced Lighting.  So far, 2.7 seems to be rock solid and I have a large system - 150+ devices and maybe a 100 lighting scenes that activate in both manual and scheduled programming.

Fixing the weird issues involved a combination of:

- making sure you have the advanced lighting scene "active" settings correct.  This needs to be set by load in each scene.

- in some cases I found that I needed to modify the scene by adding or deleting a load which must have forced an update somehow.

- in rare cases, I had to replace entire scenes.

Yes, with the size of my sysem, this was a lot of work - but I have a great dealer.

You should also make sure no conflicting programming is occuring.  For example, make sure the button you use to activate "Loung Day" does not have the Kitchen light progrmmed or bound to it.  I've also had a few button switches that needed to be replaced because adjacent buttons would trigger when one button was pressed - which could also cause your issue.

If I was you, I would approach in this order:

- make sure all loads are online and sync all of your Advanced Lighting scenes.  Test it.

- confirm "active" settings in the scene, add a load to the scene, save it, delete the unwanted laod, save it.  Test it.

- Build new scene and delete old scene - don't copy, build new scene.  Test it.

Good luck.

I checked the bindings and integrity of the keypads / keypad dimmers by reassigning them to different loads and the odd behavior went away so I took your advise and modified the scenes by changing the loads and playing with the scene.  It looks like this fixed a couple of the scenes that were miss behaving but it looks like I'll have to delete a few others and recreate them that didn't respond to the fix.  As our systems sound to be about the same size, this will take some time to check each scene but I guess I'll leave this till later tonight to make visually confirming the scenes quicker. 

Thank you very much for your input.  It's greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

I had no issues upgrading from 2.6 to 2.7, but did have some weird behaviors with Advanced Lighting a few versions back when first upgrading to Advanced Lighting.  So far, 2.7 seems to be rock solid and I have a large system - 150+ devices and maybe a 100 lighting scenes that activate in both manual and scheduled programming.

Fixing the weird issues involved a combination of:

- making sure you have the advanced lighting scene "active" settings correct.  This needs to be set by load in each scene.

- in some cases I found that I needed to modify the scene by adding or deleting a load which must have forced an update somehow.

- in rare cases, I had to replace entire scenes.

Yes, with the size of my sysem, this was a lot of work - but I have a great dealer.

You should also make sure no conflicting programming is occuring.  For example, make sure the button you use to activate "Loung Day" does not have the Kitchen light progrmmed or bound to it.  I've also had a few button switches that needed to be replaced because adjacent buttons would trigger when one button was pressed - which could also cause your issue.

If I was you, I would approach in this order:

- make sure all loads are online and sync all of your Advanced Lighting scenes.  Test it.

- confirm "active" settings in the scene, add a load to the scene, save it, delete the unwanted laod, save it.  Test it.

- Build new scene and delete old scene - don't copy, build new scene.  Test it.

Good luck.

You did not say if you have this same issue showing up in your system, but one other ghost that I chased for a while with regarding to Advanced Lighting scenes that I will share is:  I have scenes built by room in my house, say for morning, day, evening, night, occupied1, occupied2, occupied3 and then a few more for when the house is unoccupied.  All scenes but the Occupied1,2,3 are executed by a schedule, meaning that all room scenes were executed at the same time.

For a long time my scenes were not completely executing, even though the individual lights showed as on or off whichever the case may be.  The behavior was not consistent showed up in many of my rooms.  I do not know why, but the fix was to add a 10 sec delay between the execution of each scene.  I played with anywhere from a few seconds to like 15 secs.  10 sec delivered consistent results but you can go longer if you want.  I do not know why this was necessary, and everyone said I should have no problems trigger my scenes simultaneously, but now have perfect alignment of loads and scenes everytime.

For what it is worth....

Archived