C4 Forums | Control4

How the "Other-half" Lives

Did some work at a $12M home nearby containing Savant-based HA.  iPad and numerous multi-button KP controls, shading, security cams/DVR, panelized lighting.  Nice but a little non-intuitive.  I feel better with Control4.  Here's some photos.

post-124070-0-39450500-1431735302_thumb.

post-124070-0-56779200-1431735378_thumb.

post-124070-0-35208300-1431735386_thumb.

post-124070-0-76637300-1431735432_thumb.

Yeah, I think it might be like anything else though, you need to spend time with something before you get comfortable.  I don't know anything about Savant but it appears all-inclusive.  Don't care for the Apple-based GUIs (even on the handhelds) but that's another story.  Also (and again not knowing anything about the company/product) it appears they are behind a little with their 7.2 OS/TrueControl.  OK nice, but things that C4 has been doing.

My take away (and keep in mind I don't get out like a dealer/installer does) is I should have gone panelized lighting, should have centralized stats and used Aprilaire semi-flush sensors.  Aside from that, I have a deeper appreciation for Control4 displays.  I always liked dedicated TSs anyways...

Agreed.  Who knows, maybe the HO did that work.  I didn't ask...  If I had to guess (and GoGoDelicious can chime in here) I'd say to pass electrical inspection, all cabling had to be terminated prior to that mess being hung. If true, it wasn't well thought out.

^Sure, much could have been done to dress the project up.  More I think about this mess the more I wonder why (speculating here) this dealer did this.  Firm is a well-know Los Angeles integrator.

Archived