C4 Forums | Control4

2.7 Upgrade to 2.7.1 Failed (Memorial Day Mistake)

Control4 Support is closed for the day....

Attempted to upgrade my Control4 deployment and it never finished.... I login to my Director (HC800)  via System Manager and I can see that the system thinks it was updated. Non of my other Controllers were updated. When I click on Director logs, sysman crashes.

Connecting to the Director via SSH makes me think that Update Manager or something failed. I am unable to start zman, restarting the Director doesn't allow me to connect via CP 2.7. 

Does anyone have any ideas for restarting Update Manager from the cli? Any other ideals or do I have to take the butt chewing from wifey and wait to contact C4 Support? 

Thanx in advance.

Avery

A hard reboot of all hardware and then accessing update manager again sometimes works... Assuming you have already updated Composer Pro first (as per the previous post)... At least that is what my dealer tells me... When he has done remote updates for me, he has (more than once) had me rebooting all the hardware manually!

I didn't realize that there was a 2.7.1 CP. I will contact the C4 to get that version.

You don't have to contact anyone it's on the dealer portal. There is always a matching version of composer and director

Just out of curiosity, if moving between minor versions (e.g. 2.7.x), do we need to update composer (I have the home edition, so maybe that doesn't matter as much as updating the pro version for dealers)?  I usually do, but if for whatever reason my dealer updated me (since he knows I like to be on the latest and greatest version!), could I potentially mess something up connecting with a minor version mis-match?  Maybe composer would send me some kind of warning message?

Just out of curiosity, if moving between minor versions (e.g. 2.7.x), do we need to update composer (I have the home edition, so maybe that doesn't matter as much as updating the pro version for dealers)? I usually do, but if for whatever reason my dealer updated me (since he knows I like to be on the latest and greatest version!), could I potentially mess something up connecting with a minor version mis-match? Maybe composer would send me some kind of warning message?

Yes you do and yes you can. Versions should always match.

Archived