C4 Forums | Control4

Playing .m4a files with HC250 and SP

Hi, I need assistance in playing apple non-drm music files (*.m4a) through my home setup. I have an iPod connected to the HC-250 controller on the 2.7 firmware. When I play music through the different Speaker Points of the setup I'm unable to get sound from the m4a. They play in the sense that they get recognized and the time bar of the song progresses until the end, but no sound comes out through the speakers. When playing regular mp3 files from the same source there is no issue. I'd appreciate any help on this matter. Regards

Thank you for the fast response Cyknight.

As a work around (besides the obvious reencoding of the files), would it work if I exchange some of the SPs for a C4 4 zone AMP? That would require some extra cable to centralize the audio source, but I think will prove more practical on the long run. Does the AMP play the m4a files and can it be used as a proper substitute?

Regards

depending on how many speaker points you are dealing with in a local area you could use the audio matrix to send audio to the amps, but you would still need to feed audio from a controller, or other media device

airport express connected to the speaker points would also be another way to go about it

Archived