C4 Forums | Control4

Fireplace wiring question

msgreenf

29 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

If it's easy to run, just do the controller run. Would simple go to a relay connection, NO and COM.

As for added control - generally no, it's on/off.

ANY fireplace/valve that can be controlled using a simple switch (ie suggests to wire a low voltage wire to a normal wall switch (not a special switch by the manufacturer) can be controlled no problem by C4

Thanks Cyknight. As always clear and crisp!

small detail: will I be able to get a fireplace icon on my tablet and phone if I go that path?

2 minutes ago, istreich said:

Thanks Cyknight. As always clear and crisp!

small detail: will I be able to get a fireplace icon on my tablet and phone if I go that path?

Yes.  You'd put a "Gas Fireplace" object into the project, and then connect the relay from the controller to that object.  It shows up great in the C4 UI.

2 hours ago, Joshua Pressnell said:

This is true... but I personally deplore physical 3 way switch setups.  Part of the reason I've been converting my entire house over to C4 switches in the first place is because the switches maintain their state across multiple locations.  It's definitely a "1st world problem", but the whole family is happier with it that way.

Oh I don't disagree on it, however - there is no dictation that is MUST be so, beyond personal preference.

• 10 months later...

@msgreenf so what did you end up doing? Getting ready to wire my fireplace as well. Right now I have a rocker switch hooked up to the fireplace with low voltage wire. Thinking I will just add a connection to the relay out on my controller or gc100. The rocker switch will only get used in case of power outage so shouldn't run into sync problems. 

@msgreenf so what did you end up doing? Getting ready to wire my fireplace as well. Right now I have a rocker switch hooked up to the fireplace with low voltage wire. Thinking I will just add a connection to the relay out on my controller or gc100. The rocker switch will only get used in case of power outage so shouldn't run into sync problems. 

I did something similar but I used card access wireless parts since it wasn't near my controller

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Archived