C4 Forums | Control4

RecluseAV - Ness/ELK M1/M1 Gold

GoBlues

Question

Does anybody have access to the latest RecluseAV - 'Ness/ELK M1/M1 Gold' (RS232 version) control4 driver?

Looking to update the driver as the arming/disarm via control4 no longer works... I have version 6 installed and licensed.

Thanks in advance

19 answers to this question

It may work ok on a small system but there are issues on larger systems at the moment. Hopefully this will be solved soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As noted above, my integrator installed it last month- working fine so far.  I'm not sure of his exact source.  One also has to be able to program the Elk M1 a bit for integration (and I was able to take care of that end of it, through ElkRP).  Haven't had a chance to integrate 'everything' yet (scenes like vacation mode, etc.), but all that purportedly can be done. 

The new driver is by Houselogix, but it made on commission and will be available via the standard database. May already be or your dealer got a copy direct from houselogix - last I heard it was ready but waiting for the red-tape.

The new Elk M1 driver is out now.  Just had it integrated by Andrzej.  I don't believe its by Recluse.  Might be the Houselogix one that Cyknight mentioned above (it doesn't show up on their website)?  Uses the new security GUI.

The Recluse AV driver still works and they still support it.  I run my whole house using it.  I'm not sure why you would need to update it when i wrote the driver i integrated EVERYTHING in the API.

Have you guys tried actually contacting Recluse AV about it?  Dealers can just log in and download the latest driver.

1 hour ago, GoBlues said:

Very disappointing by Recluse, limited C4 work since Alan left them.  Seems that they have not updated their driver for several year, not happy.

Will have to wait for the Houselogix driver!

At least that should be a free driver - and overall Alan being able to concentrate on drivers completely has proven quite valuable overall I'd say.

21 hours ago, Cyknight said:

A new driver is in the making by Houselogix (free if I understand correctly, commissioned by Elk) - and there has always been a (simpler) driver available from C4.

I honestly don't even know if Recluse is still active...been rather quiet since Alan left...

Very disappointing by Recluse, limited C4 work since Alan left them.  Seems that they have not updated their driver for several year, not happy.

Will have to wait for the Houselogix driver!

A new driver is in the making by Houselogix (free if I understand correctly, commissioned by Elk) - and there has always been a (simpler) driver available from C4.

I honestly don't even know if Recluse is still active...been rather quiet since Alan left...

Archived