C4 Forums | Control4

Latest GEN APPLE TV- Issues

I have one issue in my living room and that is when I shutoff my living room for the night and turn back on apple TV in the morning I get a blank screen.  I have checked the apple TV and it is set to NOT go to sleep and NO screensaver.  I have attached my C4 settings.  Not sure what is causing this.  I have to take the AppleTV remote to wake it up.  Any suggestions?

AppleTV.jpg

I had this happen to me after the Apple TV Update (although it is a 3rd ben apple tv) - Had to go into the Apple TV Menu (Off the top of my head Settings> General > Remotes) and unpair the existing one.  Then went back and re-paired (using the iOS remote app to control the Apple TV).  Now it works (And wakes up without having to get the apple remote to wait it up).

• 3 weeks later...

The IP driver needs a tweak. I've used it on a couple of Gen 4's now and it always says "initializing connection" in the driver property window. Even when it says that though I've always got control and the driver worked as it should. Might seem really obvious but have you tried ticking the check-box that allows it to press play on selection? Should wake up the device from it's sleepy state.

38 minutes ago, Olly- Jooced said:

The IP driver needs a tweak. I've used it on a couple of Gen 4's now and it always says "initializing connection" in the driver property window. Even when it says that though I've always got control and the driver worked as it should. Might seem really obvious but have you tried ticking the check-box that allows it to press play on selection? Should wake up the device from it's sleepy state.

Err. The IP driver doesn't HAVE a 'press play on selection' option - that's the IR driver.

Did 4 Gen4 last week, non showed an issue with 'initializing connection' though I noticed the '4' doesn't display a link on pairing.

Are you sure you're updating your ATVs before trying to set them up - it's THEM that need some tweaking more than the driver.

Archived