C4 Forums | Control4

Pandora Driver Loses Login

So three times now, when my director has been forced to reboot (twice due to power outages, once upon manual reset), when the system has come back up it won't let us use the Pandora streams, claiming that we're not logged in.  If I use the MyHome interface to try and login, there's no existing user data, and since there's no @ (that I can find), I can't login there.  If I open up Composer, the driver status tab shows the state as "logged in", but it won't load stations until I click the action button to Login manually.  When I do that, I don't need to add any new login data, it knows my account details already.  After that, the stations load and I can use the Pandora accounts just fine.

It seems like this is a bug in the Pandora driver.  Does anybody know if this is being looked at, or if there is a workaround?

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, msgreenf said:

talked with control4 support today, there is an update on the docket that will fix this.  <fingers crossed>

Haven't we heard that a few times already with this problem?  

Its unfortunate that there isn't a way to know what problems C4 is actually trying to develop fixes for.  Never seen a software company so paranoid about keeping information away from users.  And I used to work for a company paranoid about software. ;)

1 hour ago, jfh said:

Haven't we heard that a few times already with this problem?  

Its unfortunate that there isn't a way to know what problems C4 is actually trying to develop fixes for.  Never seen a software company so paranoid about keeping information away from users.  And I used to work for a company paranoid about software. ;)

A public traded one?

4 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

A public traded one?

Yup.

It wasn't always easy for customers to get info, but they could ... and it got easier over the years.  The execs used to think that customers would think less of the product if they could see issues reported by others but the reverse turned out to be true (though it took some years for that to become obvious).  The product got better and customers were happier (though there was an incredible spike in problem reports for the release after the change and we joked that the first fix pack was larger than the initial release).  And the additional sales/revenue went up quickly, more than covering the additional support costs (about 22 months break even if I remember correctly).

There are some valid comparisons with C4 - neither product would be considered mainstream or mass market - but the company I worked for wasn't saddled with a restrictive dealer model that stifles growth.  But, unlike C4, it wasn't the only thing we did either so if the change failed, on,y the product would have suffered, not the entire company.

On April 20, 2016 at 7:46 PM, msgreenf said:

But have you rebooted?

The wierd thing about this bug is that it doesn't seem to be consistent across reboots.  Sometimes you have to log in again, sometimes you don't.   (I still have the problem, but it doesn't seem to happen as frequently).

Archived