C4 Forums | Control4

Apps work on HC800 but not on Touchscreen

Anyone seen when the apps work on the touchscreen, but not on the HC800 [say connected to the TV] ?

Very weird, guess the touch screens can get to the internet and the HC800 can not ?

notice it has a strange ip 127.0.0.1 under director ??

Sorry let me try and be clear -

HC800 [displayed on TV]

- Weather and News apps do not work.

- Pandora & Napster does not work.

7" Touch Screen

- Weather and News apps does work.

- Pandora & Napster does not work.

iOS iPhone

- external network, can not connect with isights, Control4 app

- internal network, can connect with Control4 app.

Everything internal on C4 works - TV, lights, thermostats.

Seems like the HC800 can not see the external network, not sure why.  Every other device on my network can see the internet.

Rebooted - router, switch, HC800, modem many times :-(

1 hour ago, thegreatheed said:

not on the app store, on customer.control4.com

If you change directors (e.g. If you ever replaced or upgraded your director) on your system at any stage (or if something goes wrong) you need to re-associate your 4store account with your new director also.  This is done under MyAccount / MySystem on 4store.com.

This happens automatically when you first associate your system with the 4store.

I had this experience a few weeks.  I upgraded from an HC800 to an EA5 and only realised that apps were not working on some of my navigators months later, so did not associate the two events at first. My dealer did the change on customer.control4.com at the time of the upgrade but forgot about the 4store change (in fact he was totally unaware of the need until I showed him where and what I had done after being frustrated for a few days).

Interestingly, in my case, the apps kept working on the V2 Touchscreens (which is why I did not link the upgrade to the problem) but not on HC250s (which I ralrely use to access apps) that I had in my project and had not replaced.  It seems like the V2s store more in memory. They also stopped working but only because we tried to update apps in Composer which then broke everything until I figured out the need to update my director information on 4store.com. A 10 second process which ended my grief! 

6 minutes ago, thegreatheed said:

Nothing in this topic has anything to do with 4store. These are default apps built-in to the systems.

I'll take your word for it... but when I had my problem (detailed above), all apps on the app page of the navigators stopped working (I.e. Weather and news included). 

Just trying to help and giving suggestions ;)

3 minutes ago, thegreatheed said:

Nothing in this topic has anything to do with 4store. These are default apps built-in to the systems.

Not quite true - IF you have non-default apps or otherwise connected to the 4Store, the default apps can get messed up if the 4Store connection gets messed up.

That would still not affect the music services though.

What I'd guess is that the HC800 has an error in it's DNS settings. Touchscreens go to the internet direct for their weather etc, but rely on the controller to connect properly for music services.

So way the yahoo news app ;) - but while no setup is REQUIRED they can get messed up IF a 4Store account was setup, and that connection/registration gets screwed.

Regardless, the music services not working sort of rules out the 4Store.

OP has his hunch correct I think, and it's the HC800 not connecting to the internet, which I think is likely due to a DNS error on the HC800.

7 minutes ago, thegreatheed said:

so. wait. I WAS right. Both the news and weather were default apps. Neither were 4Store apps.

Anyways, I agree, sounds like a DNS issue on the controller.

Not QUITE, which is what I said initially too - you said that nothing in this topic had anything to do with 4Store, but some of it POTENTIALLY has something to do with 4Store ^_^

I have the same issue, and i cannot solve this? All Control4 devices are set to Static Addresses and have been for a long time.

Default Apps like Weather, Yahoo News and 4Store are not visible via Touchscreen navigators

My DNS addresses are as follows;

1 - Router internal address

2 - 8.8.8.8

3 - 8.8.4.4

I don't think it is a DNS address problem as other devices on my network have the same DNS setup.

My 4store.com account is valid, although I fail to see the connection with 4store.com account & default apps?

Can anyone advise on the next steps?

Regards

hank31980

Archived