C4 Forums | Control4

Alexa and C4

Chesterfield VA

Question

I'm sorry and not a resident expert on my own C4 which I've had for 6 years, but it has operated flawlessly the entire time.  Now I want to connect my amazon echo to C4 and stream music over my speakers throughout the house.  Can Alexa connect to C4 without replacing all my hardware?  Thanks for the assistance....I have the narrow TV looking remote devices that are RF and work from anywhere in the house if that information is helpful.   I have Sonos connect if that is helpful to solve my problem

I'm hoping for good news : - )

I found the email! My mistake. The PayPal email address used was set up to forward to my Office Manager's email. She just sent me the emails you sent when purchased and after I emailed support.  You're right, you guys do reply within the hour!

Thanks!

Jake

On 12/11/2016 at 6:17 AM, chopedogg88 said:

www.epic-systems.com!

We have also just released our driver for Google Home!

Do you still offer the driver for Echo?  I'm in Canada, any reason why it might not work?  The echo is not avaliable in Canada, but I can order one online.

11 minutes ago, chopedogg88 said:

Yes we do still offer it, it still works great, and is still very well supported.  And yes we have hundreds of customers in Canada using the driver.

Great, I just have to figure out how to get an echo here?  Any specific model? or do they all work?  I see amazon canada does not show them and amazon.com will not ship to me.

Cheers

7 minutes ago, chopedogg88 said:

I'm not sure on the how to get one there...got any friends in the US :)

the standard Echo and Echo Dots work - the Echo Show does not work on its own (without a dot or standard echo on the same Amazon account)

Is this okay.  I found a new one on eBay.  All New Amazon Echo 2nd Generation 2017 w/ improved sound by Dolby - Gray

3 minutes ago, pwade said:

Is this okay.  I found a new one on eBay.  All New Amazon Echo 2nd Generation 2017 w/ improved sound by Dolby - Gray

We have not personally tested with that specific model, but I believe it will work.  Perhaps someone else can confirm?

1 minute ago, msgreenf said:

1 driver + 1 amazon account.

Just so I understand, 1 driver + 1 account and I can add a bunch of echos to the home without adding more drivers?  Correct?  My dealer is not familiar with the echo add on so just want to be clear when I get him to download the driver.  

Just now, pwade said:

Just so I understand, 1 driver + 1 account and I can add a bunch of echos to the home without adding more drivers?  Correct?  My dealer is not familiar with the echo add on so just want to be clear when I get him to download the driver.  

yes that is correct.

On 11/8/2017 at 4:17 PM, pwade said:

Is the google home driver working yet?  I noticed it says not to use this driver as an issue back in Oct.  I'm thinking of using google home as they are avaliable in Canada.

Although Alexa is only (technically) available in a few countries like the US, UK and Germany it works fine in most other markets.  I am in Canada as well and have been using them for about a year.  The main issue is that the default location isn't your actual location so you have to specify that when asking certain types of questions, like what's the weather forecast.  But when it comes to Home Automation I am pretty sure that we have 100% functionality.

12 hours ago, zaphod said:

Although Alexa is only (technically) available in a few countries like the US, UK and Germany it works fine in most other markets.  I am in Canada as well and have been using them for about a year.  The main issue is that the default location isn't your actual location so you have to specify that when asking certain types of questions, like what's the weather forecast.  But when it comes to Home Automation I am pretty sure that we have 100% functionality.

The simplest way is to get a US post box through your local postal service.

This way you can buy goods directly from Amazon, and also use this address for your Amazon account which will then allow you to set up your echo dots.

all my C4 automation works ok, but if I ask Alexa for the weather, I find out what it's like in Seattle rather than Auckland, NZ....

Archived