C4 Forums | Control4

Doorbird Experiences

ejn1

4 hours ago, rea said:

I've had a very good experience with mine. No connectivity issues and the app works well for remote viewing/notifications. The integration with C4 has been solid for over a year. I don't have any T3s, but do have the doorbell video pop up on a couple of my TVs with EA1s on doorbell press. My biggest complaint is the less than stellar video resolution--would really like to seem them get up to 1080p. 

How are you doing the video pop-up? 

On 8/19/2018 at 5:32 PM, Zuhair said:

How are you doing the video pop-up? 

I'm using the new announcement agent for that on TVs with EA1s. I have it programmed to go to the EA1 on the doorbell press (using the Control4 button press command) and then jumping to the camera feed. This would work even better with the Snapshot agent, but I've just recently gotten it added to my project and haven't really figured out how to program with it yet. Hope that helps. 

• 1 year later...

I’ve had a DoorBird for a while I don’t find an issue with the notifications when I’m out roaming. Although there is a massive lag on the connection once trying to communicate through 4G on my IOS device. If the coms is going through a DoorBird Cloud server and it can’t cope with the demand then it would a good idea to have the option to use voice only and disable the video stream when you pick up the green phone. This might allow you to actually speak to the delivery person and let them understand you. 

Just until the sever can cope with video and audio. 

• 5 months later...
Just had DoorBird, c4 and Yale locks installed. New issue today when doorbird button pressed the Yale lock automatically unlocks! Installer has never heard of this before. Now troubleshooting. 

Make sure the option “Notify: Trigger Relay or Lock” is set to blank.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.