C4 Forums | Control4

Updating HC500 to OS 2.9 ?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, msgreenf said:

So it's control4 fault a dealer sold you old broken hardware?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I appreciate your interest.  This is over - unless you have anything/constructive/helpful to say.  Have a good life.

3 hours ago, PP SS said:

Did you even look at the screen shots I posted??!! Geez!  Where do you guys come from...

If you had followed the thread without attitude, like Matt Lowe was kind enough to do, you would know that I switched out amps for troubleshooting.

And like I said before, the stupid setup is not that difficult as my scree shots show, and I already came to the possibility that the hardware was dead.

And, I was sold this by another dealer for cheap who told me It was working. ..except that I never had audio from the very first day, that I naively blamed on my lack of knowledge,  when in my heart it felt that I understood the basic software. Dealers selling hardware they obviously know is faulty does not help either.  

That was my experience with Escient (you heard of them?), another tight-fisted company, and so It Is with Control4.  Pure --- singularly pure --- money making mindset, customers be dammed. 

I have a nice doorstop, for all my troubles.

Yep I looked, and screenshots alone do not tell me much in this case. So...is it the Integra or not?

Because it would be a big tell whether or not your bindings are accurate or not. Then again, I could simply stop altogether, considering you are using Pro when clearly you are not licensed to do so?

YOU bought that doorstop second hand (assuming it is one) - if it's a doorstop, go to the dealer you got it from and ask your money back - if he doesn't, contact C4 and take it up there.

44 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

Yep I looked, and screenshots alone do not tell me much in this case. So...is it the Integra or not?

Because it would be a big tell whether or not your bindings are accurate or not. Then again, I could simply stop altogether, considering you are using Pro when clearly you are not licensed to do so?

YOU bought that doorstop second hand (assuming it is one) - if it's a doorstop, go to the dealer you got it from and ask your money back - if he doesn't, contact C4 and take it up there.

Yeah, on this controller.  After hanging around the Control4 universe, I don't think ---technically---controllers can be resold without licenses, or even resold, since they are useless without Pro and a license.  So why are people doing that, right here on this website. Since it was not new, I did not see any reason to pay the dealer a license fee or otherwise.

I was trying to send audio to a Kenwood KA-7100.  Very old amp.  The Integra I connected to make sure I had a working amp, so that end would be fine.  There is no audio coming to the Integra either.  

1 hour ago, msgreenf said:

OK. Be a jerk.

No, not being a "jerk".  Just fedup with the badgering about a joke...... and the assumption that "dealers" tread on haloed ground.  I am a consumer, and am always treated as low on the totem pole.  Sometimes even as a ignorant buffoon.  I can never be told those "masonic" secrets, and it has really riled me that, for example, even port forwardings are kept secret !

See this post:  

See this line the user says ".........  but this is so cool and my dealer made it available to me and said that I could tell others - so have fun! "  Really? Seriosuly,? Port forwarding???

Please do not drag me into this anymore......honestly.  YES, I BOUGH INTO THIS, but I may leave this like so many other folk if this does gets too hairy for me.  After Escient, I should have learned my lesson.

23 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

Did you try it with the Sony physically disconnected?

Oh, yes, the Sony works great by itself.  It ouput's Video and audio flawlessly.  So I am left with blaming my HC500.

EDIT: Actually, I do not want this for the disc changer, but my USB drive in this room.

15 hours ago, PP SS said:

Oh, yes, the Sony works great by itself.  It ouput's Video and audio flawlessly.  So I am left with blaming my HC500.

EDIT: Actually, I do not want this for the disc changer, but my USB drive in this room.

What I mean is did you try not having anything into the HC500 audio INPUTS - I've seen that mess the audio chip up, especially if the output level on the connected source is too high.

1 hour ago, Cyknight said:

What I mean is did you try not having anything into the HC500 audio INPUTS - I've seen that mess the audio chip up, especially if the output level on the connected source is too high.

The problem is how do I play music using just composer?  Every time I click play on composer, it plays to the local computer through Windows Media Player etc.  - because it is behaving as an audioserver.  I have not disabled audioserver........

I do not have a tablet linked to the controller.

The problem is how do I play music using just composer?  Every time I click play on composer, it plays to the local computer through Windows Media Player etc.  - because it is behaving as an audioserver.  I have not disabled audioserver........

I do not have a tablet linked to the controller.

You use the mobile app or pc app

4 minutes ago, PP SS said:

No license on the HC500 for that.  At least thats the error I get, which is most likely true.  

the PC app doesn't require a license. it will work no matter what - or what is your control interface? a remote 250? you can browse music with that

17 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

You get the correct version on customer.control4.com but maybe it requires a license. Don't remember.

How do you plan to control music?

Ha.  I am getting a remote shipped.  But so far, I have been only trying to get my disc changer to work.  Since it can be fully controlled by the HC500 there is no problem there.  But I cannot ouput the audio through the HC500.  I can control the disc changer with the HC500 and play audio from the disc changer to my DTR-80.3.  But the audio ouput cannot be routed through the HC500.

55 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

You get the correct version on customer.control4.com but maybe it requires a license. Don't remember.

How do you plan to control music?

OK. So I did find version 2.5.3 of the MyHome-PC.  Now it justs does not see the director/controller.  What does this screen mean?  Is this IP of the controller or computer running MyHome-PC?

Captur 12..JPG

1 hour ago, PP SS said:

Composer Pro set up only.

This is why customers are not given composer pro. Without an interface you cannot select the digital media source to come out of the controller even though you have convinced yourself that the dealer has sold you a defective unit and that you have set up all the software perfectly

20 minutes ago, Rod Matthews said:

This is why customers are not given composer pro. Without an interface you cannot select the digital media source to come out of the controller even though you have convinced yourself that the dealer has sold you a defective unit and that you have set up all the software perfectly

Oh yes, I figured that out a little while back.  That would be the case for media files.  

But my Sony Disc changer is completely controlled through Composer,  it outputs audio from the disc changer outputs WHEN CONTROLLED BY CONTROLLER ALONE.  The Composer can even get a DVD to play.  But the audio cannot be routed through the controller - it does not pass through even if the bindings are correct.  This is a simple case of audio passthrough. I can see the system volumes on the Composer and they are 100%.  So where is the audio going??  There is already audio going in, but it never comes out of the HC500.  This is very different from the HC500 playing a media file.

I think we can agree from the screenshots and my ample descriptions here, I am not ignorant of how this technology works.  After setting up several Linux boxes, with external hardware, this is no different, since Control4 OS is Linux based.  But of course, everything is different, and without a UI I could be wrong and I have accepted that very early on in this post.

Please let us not go down this road again.  I respect everyone who has chimed in constructively, even after jumping on my non-dealer status.  Please share your knowledge, if you can.  If your status prevents that, I understand.

EDIT:  If not for trying to control my disc changer, and it was only about media files I could have set up my USB drive on my router and gotten this headache over with.  The ability where Control4 is good, is controlling devices.  

What interface are you using to control the disc changer if your app doesnt work and a remote is on the way then? Are you double clicking on the disc changer in system design so it brings up the dialog box with the IR controls? If so that does not select the source in the zone so no routing of av signals is done

Ok so new issue arises in my mind. Since you don't have a remote or app. It is due to you using the system incorrectly. The hc500 will not output audio unless it selected by navigator. This is done with the remote app or by programming. So you need to have all of the correct bindings done. Then select the device as the active source then the hc500 will light up its inputs outputs. Double clicking on a device and controlling it is not the same thing as selecting an active audio device for a room.

10 minutes ago, Matt Lowe said:

Ok so new issue arises in my mind. Since you don't have a remote or app. It is due to you using the system incorrectly. The hc500 will not output audio unless it selected by navigator. This is done with the remote app or by programming. So you need to have all of the correct bindings done. Then select the device as the active source then the hc500 will light up its inputs outputs. Double clicking on a device and controlling it is not the same thing as selecting an active audio device for a room.

Yeah, I can see that. Hindsight is always 20-20.   I will move my screen from my other room.

Archived