C4 Forums | Control4

Existing analog cameras (wiring) and a new DVR that works with C4

tims

Question

So I have 8 or more analog camera's for a digital watchdog system but I really would love to have C4 integrated. I would at least use the analog camera wiring that exist so I don't have to rewire the whole house because it has blown in insulation.

My question: What system can I buy where I can just plug the analog cables into the back of the DVR and set the DVR on my network and load the driver into C4 where this would work? Any help? Not sure if this is possible but i would love to be able to have motion display on my TVs via EA3 and the EA5.

Thanks guys as always

3 answers to this question

There are many camera makers that do "hd over coax" and you should do your homework. There are cameras that do AHD, TVI, CVI, HDCVI and more. My only issue with HIK is they are owned by the chinese govt and have been proven to have backdoors and report "home". They have also been involved in many vulnerability issues. Just my 2 cents. My company sells many brands that do Ip over coax made by different manufacturers. Just check out your best options. Also think about Control4 and how it will process the incoming data. If you want motion triggers and so on you will need to make sure C4 supports that.

Archived