C4 Forums | Control4

Samsung Frame TV - IP Driver

28 minutes ago, mujtaba.khokhar said:

I have mine working for my 49 inch frame tv via iP

It’s been working for a while now

Attached is the driver info for the one I’m using.

Honestly it’s not missed a beat.

That's an American set, UNxxxxx

There are ip drivers now that work on some UE TVs, some of the new ones even get discovered by composer. They're not all that good though, power on in particular is very slow. I went back to IR.

The driver does have art mode in it. As said make sure the TV is as up to date as possible, then just try to newest Samsung TV ip driver model number doesn't matter. If it works it works.

What control over art mode do you need? With normal room off the TV enters art mode. I added a long power off (it was something like 30 repeats) to turn the TV totally off if desired and did some programming for second room off press.

30 minutes ago, timbooo said:

There are ip drivers now that work on some UE TVs, some of the new ones even get discovered by composer. They're not all that good though, power on in particular is very slow. I went back to IR.

The slow power on is due to Samsung, not the Control4 driver...

Some dealers have reported it coming up slightly faster if they address the driver via IP address vs. SDDP.

RyanE

4 hours ago, mujtaba.khokhar said:

Mines pretty quick too

Here’s a video attached

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0Ob1DxrrdhpDnOWPipT9dEzpw

Thanks

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me - that's slow. 4-5 seconds to IMAGE is not something I'd call fast to start.

My older sharp is basically instant to image, Panny is a hair slower than the sharp, the Sony is probably a hair faster than the Sammy.

Of course, it's relative - compared to my projector the Sammy is a speed demon 😂.

To me - that's slow. 4-5 seconds to IMAGE is not something I'd call fast to start.
My older sharp is basically instant to image, Panny is a hair slower than the sharp, the Sony is probably a hair faster than the Sammy.
Of course, it's relative - compared to my projector the Sammy is a speed demon .

Well when you put it that way you’re right.

But as TVs get more and more advanced, the likes of Samsung and many other brands cram a lot of stuff into them.

Just be blessed you don’t have a bang & oulfsen tv everything you turn them on you have to wait for them to boot up sometimes it can take a few minutes before you can watch tv especially the older models...

So 4 - 5 seconds for most people is a god send

For me and the family and many of my clients they are happy to wait a 4 - 5 seconds for their TVs to turn on, especially if you have a matrix or AVR or both connected and then HDCP handshake etc has to happen... and we all faced issues with pin 13 (well I did anyway) aside from this many devices take different times to do this handshake it really depends on the hdmi and processing chips and software.

Lol I kinda went major nerd there

But oh well

1 hour ago, Cyknight said:

I'm old enough to remember when all we had was tube TVs that LITERALLY had to warm up 😄

Note that I'm not saying it's a terrible long wait, but a lot of people are used to expect instant EVERYTHING these days. 😉

Patience, these days, is not a common virtue it seems

im not that old lol 

oh yeah everything needs to be INSTANT now days 😂

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2020 at 4:00 PM, mujtaba.khokhar said:

I have mine working for my 49 inch frame tv via iP

It’s been working for a while now

Attached is the driver info for the one I’m using.

Honestly it’s not missed a beat.

Also Samsung related a huge firmware update for their TVs so before using the driver please update your TVs

:)

Thanks

IMG_2896.png

Is that external driver or available in the composer search option?

Is that external driver or available in the composer search option?

Available in the search

Your tv should come up in the Discovered section so the driver should auto add

Please make sure you do a firmware update check before you do this

Thanks
M

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.