C4 Forums | Control4

Lutron RA2 Select

therockhr

• 5 months later...

Good day everyone,

I am also building a new house and the electrician's company included me the Lutron RA2 QA Select system as part of his proposal which I have agreed to it already. I've been talked out of Lutron and just go Control 4 all the way. I can always talk to the Electrician and tell him I have changed my mind and see if he can remove the Lutron system form the equation, no work has been done already, just basic electrical wiring, so maybe I have a chance to convince him if he hasn't bought any hardware for it yet.

What would you guys recommend?

Can I control Lutron RA2 QA Select from the Control 4 app in my iPhone?

This is the work for what I was quoted for:

This price includes are hardware, wiring, install and programming to complete the the system in  the following rooms: garage, hallway, entry including front exterior lights, family, kitchen and dinning.

7 Sea touch keypads (plastic)

3 Power modules

1 processor

programming one time basic set up 

one time custom 2 hours max

Thanks

1 hour ago, giuliano said:

Can I control Lutron RA2 QA Select from the Control 4 app in my iPhone?

Yes, and you can program through C4, so no need to pay electrician for any custom programming beyond basic setup.  You will get mixed responses on using lutron vs C4 lighting controls on here.  Some, like myself, like Lutron more aesthetically and functionally.  C4 is better if you need a stronger zigby mesh for other devices.  I don't use any zigby in my project except one or two remotes close to controllers so that is not a benefit.  C4 light switches have programmable colored LED lights on the switch that some find useful to show ertain programming states or status.   The debate in this thread was more about original RA2 vs new QA select....

• 1 month later...

https://www.cepro.com/article/lutron_snapav_ra2_select_lighting_control_ovrc

Lutron, SnapAV Team Up to Help Dealers Sell More Lighting Control

SnapAV names Lutron its exclusive lighting-control provider; Lutron builds RA2 Select hub with native OvrC inside – the first implementation of SnapAV's remote-management platform in a home-automation subsystem.

Interesting!  I was wondering when SnapAV was going to start selling lighting control.  I don't think this should slow down official support for RA2 Select in C4, though.

EDIT: maybe it will slow things down.. I didn't realize that HouseLogix (who created the RA2 drivers) is actually owned by SnapAV.  I'd say they are focused on their own integration with OvrC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
On 9/7/2017 at 2:17 PM, therockhr said:

They should really only have 2 systems; Homeworks and a combo of Caseta/RadioRa2. Homeworks is for pro's only and includes wired and wireless solutions that are configured with a program that can do programming and advanced scenes.

The other system uses the Smart Bridge Pro as the hub and lets you buy the Caseta dimmers and accessories through big box stores or you can buy the Maestro dimmers and accessories through an authorized dealer. All devices are configured through the app (which is how it works now for Caseta and this new RA2 select line).

They have these systems to meet different requirements Caseta does 75 devices and is less expensive.  Ra Select does 100 and uses picos as keypads instead of see touch keypads that are more expensive.  Ra2 does 200 devices better keypads, then Homeworks QS  is limitless best keypads with lots of options.  Caseta has pro devices that you can't buy the pro devices through big box stores.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.