C4 Forums | Control4

Vera Switches/Dimmers

Elvis

I have some GE Z-wave and Zigbee switches/dimmers on a Vera controller. What do I need to be ready to have a remote dealer add these into my system, name them, and put them in the appropriate room? I want to be ready before I put out the request either to a remote dealer or my local guy (probably too busy to do it.)

Thanks.

I'm  having a lot of trouble getting some GE ZigBee switches moved to my Vera hub. I'm wondering if this is even worth the trouble -- can Vera ZigBee devices be brought into C4 like the Z-Wave variety?

For that matter, what can be used in C4 that is on the Vera hub?

I'm  having a lot of trouble getting some GE ZigBee switches moved to my Vera hub. I'm wondering if this is even worth the trouble -- can Vera ZigBee devices be brought into C4 like the Z-Wave variety?
For that matter, what can be used in C4 that is on the Vera hub?
Nothing can be used native. It requires the version hub

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yep, I get that. Z-wave switches all on the Vera hub, then had the Vera controller added to my project and the switches are added and working using the Vera drivers in C4.

I'm asking if ZigBee switches on the Vera hub can be added just like the Z-Wave switches?

Also wondering what other devices on the Vera controller/hub have Vera drivers in C4?

You can also use virtual zwave devices in vera and use the c4 drivers to have them in the project.

Example I have energy meters on my washer and dryer that turn a virtual switch on and off when the voltage goes above/below a certain level and c4 can be programmed to react when that witch's status changes.

You can do the inverse by controlling the virtual switch and in vera make scenes to control a device when the virtual switch changes state

• 2 years later...
On 11/6/2017 at 5:16 PM, Elvis said:

Yep, I get that. Z-wave switches all on the Vera hub, then had the Vera controller added to my project and the switches are added and working using the Vera drivers in C4.

I'm asking if ZigBee switches on the Vera hub can be added just like the Z-Wave switches?

Also wondering what other devices on the Vera controller/hub have Vera drivers in C4?

I’m looking at doing the same thing and wondering if you ever got your GE zigbee dimmers/switches connected through Vera to C4?  I have zwave ones too and understand those interface well with the C4 Vera driver but wondering your experience with the ge zigbee devices through Vera to C4 and also any other non switch/dimmer devices through Vera to C4?  Thank you!

On 8/30/2020 at 1:40 PM, Dueport said:

I’m looking at doing the same thing and wondering if you ever got your GE zigbee dimmers/switches connected through Vera to C4?  I have zwave ones too and understand those interface well with the C4 Vera driver but wondering your experience with the ge zigbee devices through Vera to C4 and also any other non switch/dimmer devices through Vera to C4?  Thank you!

No, I swapped them for z-wave plus (faster response).

• 3 months later...
On 11/6/2017 at 6:12 PM, sonic30101 said:

You can also use virtual zwave devices in vera and use the c4 drivers to have them in the project.

Example I have energy meters on my washer and dryer that turn a virtual switch on and off when the voltage goes above/below a certain level and c4 can be programmed to react when that witch's status changes.

You can do the inverse by controlling the virtual switch and in vera make scenes to control a device when the virtual switch changes state

Could you please expand on how you do this?  What are the right settings for creating the virtual device in Vera?  What control4 driver do you associate with the virtual device?  Thank you!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.