C4 Forums | Control4

New Amazon Fire UltraHD with Leaf

Tried using a new Amazon Fire (new model) with a Leaf lu862d. Got no Video. Took fire tv to display to setup, and it worked. Set it to 1080p. Moved back to leaf and no display. Just a green bar. All Tvs in project are 4k Sony. Any ideas or maybe this model just doesn’t play nice with the leaf. The HDMI is built in on the Amazon Fire.

I am/work for a dealer. Not sure why my avatar doesn't say that. 

I had to use a 1x2 splitter between new Amazon Fire and leaf before it would display an image. It still does not do UltraHD. Even after calibration, it doesn't show UHD on Amazon Prime shows. I get 1080p with HDR according to the Fire (Under the time progress bar) but my TV shows it is 4k. I can't and do not recommend this product if you are looking for 4k.

1 hour ago, milehighreb said:

I am/work for a dealer. Not sure why my avatar doesn't say that. 

I had to use a 1x2 splitter between new Amazon Fire and leaf before it would display an image. It still does not do UltraHD. Even after calibration, it doesn't show UHD on Amazon Prime shows. I get 1080p with HDR according to the Fire (Under the time progress bar) but my TV shows it is 4k. I can't and do not recommend this product if you are looking for 4k.

I wouldn't recommend the FireTV for 4K either.:lol:

Archived