C4 Forums | Control4

Synchronized Music

DC

I currently have an EA-3 connected to a 4X4 Matrix and an 250 connected to a receiver in my study.  When I start music using native C4 pandora streaming in the Kitchen which is powered by the matrix and then add the study to the stream it is slightly delayed.  Is this normal?  can it be corrected?  I will be replacing the 250 with a EA-1 in the next few weeks. Will it have the same issue?  Currently the only way to have synced music in both rooms it to use sonos connects which I am trying to eliminate if possible from my system and move to 2.10 and all native streaming.

2 minutes ago, Home Theater Advisors said:

So a connect into the AVR is synced with a connect into the matrix? If so, I’m not sure what is up. I was going to say to make sure all Audio processing is the AVR is turned off - set it to direct or pure direct surround mode, which removes processing.

Thanks for the advice. I believe I just found the issue. The audio path is 250->TV-HDMI->TV-Optical->Receiver.  I connected my 250 directly but the connections in director aren't correct and the TV is creating the audio lag in the study.

Thanks for the advice. I believe I just found the issue. The audio path is 250->TV-HDMI->TV-Optical->Receiver.  I connected my 250 directly but the connections in director aren't correct and the TV is creating the audio lag in the study.

That makes complete sense. The would almost definitely be a lag with that audio path.

I currently have an EA-3 connected to a 4X4 Matrix and an 250 connected to a receiver in my study.  When I start music using native C4 pandora streaming in the Kitchen which is powered by the matrix and then add the study to the stream it is slightly delayed.  Is this normal?  can it be corrected?  I will be replacing the 250 with a EA-1 in the next few weeks. Will it have the same issue?  Currently the only way to have synced music in both rooms it to use sonos connects which I am trying to eliminate if possible from my system and move to 2.10 and all native streaming.

That makes complete sense. The would almost definitely be a lag with that audio path.
Have you adjusted the delay setting in composer.

Is the avr programmed to stereo direct, no processing?

Sent from my E6603 using Tapatalk

You are dealing with numerous issues though - First HDMI audio AND analogue audio aren't recommended, second  you're going to two different amps, and to top it off you are going via the TV.

I would suggest getting your dealer to disable HDMI audio on the EA, and then if possible feed the digi coax direct to the AVR.

Archived