C4 Forums | Control4

phone app for each room

Margarit

Question

12 answers to this question

Hi guys, 
Imagine house with 2-3  kid rrooms - every kid shall have access only  to control  his room from his phone On the internal Wifi.
What d you suggest?
That can't be done with the mobile app but can be done w touchscreens

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Margarit said:

Hi guys, 

Imagine house with 2-3  kid rrooms - every kid shall have access only  to control  his room from his phone On the internal Wifi.

What d you suggest?

Access agent allows this to a fair degree.  

Add the access agent to the project, lock everything down and choose a code. Then set the default room on each kids phone to the relevant kids room.

This will lock a lot down but not everything (e.g. lights)

if you just want sound control you could limit them to just airplay. and program shairbridge to turn on at the maximum volume and they can control with their phone.

if you want more control than that, you could get creative with IFTTT driver and some other app to trigger functions

lastly a good butt whipping if they mess with other rooms than their old, unless they are not old enough to understand the concept

What version you running? There was a thread in here a while ago and I never tested it but it might work. 

Turn off “push settings from project” in composer pro 

hide all rooms you don’t want to show up on kids phone, refresh navs and sync phone, repeat with each kid, then unhide all rooms and refresh and sync your phone. Hopefully they won’t figure out how to pull settings in the app. 

Lot to try but might work

On ‎13‎.‎1‎.‎2018‎ г. at 6:26 PM, knowitall said:

What version you running? There was a thread in here a while ago and I never tested it but it might work. 

Turn off “push settings from project” in composer pro 

hide all rooms you don’t want to show up on kids phone, refresh navs and sync phone, repeat with each kid, then unhide all rooms and refresh and sync your phone. Hopefully they won’t figure out how to pull settings in the app. 

Lot to try but might work

I am sorry, I cant find how to

turn off “push settings from project” in composer pro ?

On ‎11‎.‎1‎.‎2018‎ г. at 9:37 AM, South Africa C4 user said:

Access agent allows this to a fair degree.  

Add the access agent to the project, lock everything down and choose a code. Then set the default room on each kids phone to the relevant kids room.

This will lock a lot down but not everything (e.g. lights)

Access agent works to some good degree.

One problem remains- it is the Zone icon on the bottom right. It has acess to all zones. It can manage the zones- add, remove , OFF.

I am looking for solution to restrict some zones.

Hiding the zones in the navigator dosnt hide the icon on the bottom bar or on the tp in the sound functional bar.

I didn't tried to stop the ""push  settings"" from the project yet.

Archived